Red Letter Lost in Search

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3
Keith Jenkins | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 8 2019 5:56 PM

I am a brand new user of Logos 8 Basic.  I've tried to search the forums for this but haven't been successful.

When I do a right-click search on a lemma in a Bible and achieve a verse list, the red letter format for the words of Christ is lost in the search results.  Subsequently, making a passage list from this, the red letter is also lost.  I am using the provided KJV and also the NASB95.

I am trying to ultimately copy a verse list with this formatting into Word.  I am able to do an inline search in the Bible for a lemma and then click and drag all of the verses from the results and copy/paste, but I'm trying to find an easier way, especially when the verse list is long.

Is there any way to keep this formatting when doing a passage list?

Posts 2022
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 8 2019 11:42 PM

Welcome to the forums, Keith!

If you have a passage list (especially if it's long), I would suggest using the CBV (Copy Bible Verses) tool. First open the print/export dialog for your passage list, choose "minimized list," then you can copy/paste the references into the CBV reference box. If you choose "fully formatted" as your style you should be good!

Posts 17990
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 9 2019 3:44 AM

Keith Jenkins:
I am able to do an inline search in the Bible for a lemma and then click and drag all of the verses from the results and copy/paste, but I'm trying to find an easier way, especially when the verse list is long.

Welcome Big Smile

Inline search can find Words of Christ using INTERSECT of original language (lemma OR root): e.g. root for κυριος has four words aligned in KJV

<Root = lbs/el/κυριος> INTERSECTS ([field words-of-christ] Lord, master, sir, exercise)

Previously had set Copy Bible Verse Style to Fully Formatted. Inline search results can be highlighted followed by choosing Styled in pop-up

Pasting into Word has red letter formatting:

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3
Keith Jenkins | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 9 2019 6:04 AM

Thank you for the help!

Reuben, I am having trouble with your second step.  I can see the verses listed in the Print/Export dialog, but they are not selectable.  It just looks like a print preview that I can't interact with.  As a work around, I can hit "Copy to Clipboard" in that dialog, then paste in Word, then select the verse references from Word and paste in the CBV tool, but I don't think that's the best.  However I can't paste into the CBV when I do that.  Am I missing something?

Posts 2022
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 9 2019 11:07 PM

Keith Jenkins:
Reuben, I am having trouble with your second step.  I can see the verses listed in the Print/Export dialog, but they are not selectable.  It just looks like a print preview that I can't interact with.

Have you first selected "Print as minimized list" on the left (#1)?

Posts 3
Keith Jenkins | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 10 2019 6:09 AM

Yes, I selected that.  Here is what it looks like.  My cursor turns into a "hand" where all I can do is grab that page.  No ability to select anything on it.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS