Logos 8.10 Beta 1: Search panels in link sets - option for searching surface text as opposed to lemmas

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 24536
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 19 2019 3:57 PM

From the 8.10 Beta 1 release notes

"Panel Linking

• Search Panels can now be in a link set with a resource and execute a search from a single click."

This is a really nice feature.

Would it be possible to have a configuration option to determine whether the search term is the surface text or the underlying lemma? In general, if only one option is possible I think I would prefer the surface text.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2019 7:46 PM

I see that if the resource includes an RI the lemma is searched. However if no RI the surface text is searched. I am not sure if I prefer lemma or surface, but I do like this feature.

Posts 2589
LogosEmployee

I believe this feature will respect your "Prefer lemmas" setting in the Application Settings panel.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 19 2019 8:54 PM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):

I believe this feature will respect your "Prefer lemmas" setting in the Application Settings panel.

That is not the case on Mac. 

Posts 3406
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2019 9:04 AM

Graham Criddle:

"Panel Linking

• Search Panels can now be in a link set with a resource and execute a search from a single click."

Would it be possible to have a configuration option to determine whether the search term is the surface text or the underlying lemma? In general, if only one option is possible I think I would prefer the surface text.

We've got a case to fix the issue with prefer lemmas.

Posts 24536
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2019 10:46 AM

Thanks Philana and Andrew

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2019 12:16 PM

That will be a nice enhancement, but the feature is great right now. 

Posts 2066
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 20 2019 11:07 PM

Fred Chapman:

If the search panel is set to a Morph search, the setting is respected for me, but not if it's set to a Bible search.

Posts 2589
LogosEmployee

Reuben Helmuth:
If the search panel is set to a Morph search, the setting is respected for me, but not if it's set to a Bible search.

Thanks, Reuben.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2019 4:04 PM

Reuben Helmuth:

Fred Chapman:

Thanks Reuben

Posts 3406
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 10 2019 1:35 PM

Graham Criddle:

"Panel Linking

This was fixed in 8.10 RC 1.

Posts 24536
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 10 2019 1:54 PM

Thanks Philana

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS