Renaming Saved Layouts never works until third try

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 9
Arthur Werry | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Nov 21 2019 7:22 AM

Running Logos 8.9 on Mac OS X Catalina, but this problem has existed for quite a while.

When I go to a saved layout and right-click, the menu gives the "Rename" option.  When I choose that option, nothing happens.  When I choose it again, nothing happens.  When I choose it the third time, the name is highlighted and editable.  

This is reproducible on my machine because it happens every time.  Furthermore, if I do the three-step shuffle and actually change a saved layout name - if I immediately go back and try to edit the name of the layout I just changed, I have to do the three steps all over again.

Is anyone else seeing this?  Suggestions?

Posts 1726
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2019 8:37 AM

I can reproduce on Logos 8.9, macOS 10.15.1...very odd. It doesn't give the text field until the third time.

Arthur, I suggest that you add BUG: to the front of the title of this thread to give it a little more visibility to FL techs.

Posts 2985
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 21 2019 3:10 PM

Arthur Werry:

Running Logos 8.9 on Mac OS X Catalina, but this problem has existed for quite a while.

When I go to a saved layout and right-click, the menu gives the "Rename" option.  When I choose that option, nothing happens.  When I choose it again, nothing happens.  When I choose it the third time, the name is highlighted and editable.  

This is reproducible on my machine because it happens every time.  Furthermore, if I do the three-step shuffle and actually change a saved layout name - if I immediately go back and try to edit the name of the layout I just changed, I have to do the three steps all over again.

Is anyone else seeing this?  Suggestions?

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for letting us know about this bug. I've written up a bug report for the team to take a look at.

Posts 9
Arthur Werry | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2019 6:30 AM

Progress has been made.  The rename option now works, but unfortunately only on the first item renamed.  Any subsequent rename attempts go back to the third time is a charm behavior.  Never on the first or second attempt.

Weird.  

Posts 10714
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 19 2019 12:38 PM

Arthur Werry:
unfortunately only on the first item renamed.  Any subsequent rename attempts go back to the third time is a charm behavior.  Never on the first or second attempt.

Confirm this inaction in Logos 8.10 SR-1 on Mac OS 10.15.2

Posts 9
Arthur Werry | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 12 2020 7:35 AM

This is again broken on 8.11.0.0017

Every time I try to rename a layout, it takes three times before it will work.

Not sure why this is such a nasty bug.  Thanks for all you do.

Posts 10714
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 12 2020 1:23 PM

Arthur Werry:
Every time I try to rename a layout, it takes three times before it will work.

Confirmed that this bug still exists in 8.12 Beta 1

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS