Option to turn off highlighting of search hits

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 8
Delta Austin | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 21 2010 8:57 AM

It's helpful to have the searched for word highlighted in a resource, but when the word appears 300 times in one article, all that highlighting is distracting when reading the article. I'd like an option to turn the search hit highlighting off in the resource I want to read. Searching for such an option in Help, I saw that there is a Visual Filter that can be turned off, but not for search hits. I know that closing the Search Tab, removes the highlighting, but that also removes other resources I might want to browse through. I don't want to have to do the same search over and over. Thanks.

Posts 99
Greg B | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 13 2017 4:33 AM

I was trying to do the same thing. Surprised there were never any responses to this post. I closed the search window and the highlighting disappeared. But it would be nice to be able to leave it open to access multiple hits without closing the Search window.

Greg

Posts 665
Stephen Steele | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2017 2:45 AM

It would be good if deleting the term in the search box cleared the search. 

Posts 3186
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 21 2017 11:39 AM

Hi Delta,

Thank you for posting about this. We have a page over on UserVoice we use to get suggestions and ideas for additions and changes to the applications from customers like yourself. This would be a great thing to add over there.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS