library problem

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 111
Geertruida Selter | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 27 2019 1:19 AM

Hi, I encountered a problem with one of my books in the library. I do own the NTGIC series and I couldn't find the one on the gospel of Mathew. The platinum update I looked at said I owned it. When I looked up the book on the website, it said I could open it from there, and sure enough it did. When I looked in the library on author, it did show up there. Does anyone have encountered the same problem, or knows how it can be shown up on the regular library which gives the titles of the books? I have to work with this volume over the next church year, and to go around to find it, is tiresome and time consuming.

Posts 22103
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2019 1:54 AM

Geertruida Selter:
When I looked in the library on author, it did show up there. Does anyone have encountered the same problem, or knows how it can be shown up on the regular library which gives the titles of the books?

I'm afraid I'm not quite following this.

Do you mean you can find it when looking for books written by John Nolland but not finding it by name?

Please post a screenshot showing the series in your library

Posts 18770
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2019 2:13 AM

Geertruida Selter:
I do own the NTGIC series and I couldn't find the one on the gospel of Mathew.

Be sure you're correctly spelling both of these words (which I marked in bold in your quoted text) when you're searching for this volume in your library. It's NIGTC and Matthew.

Posts 2216
Forum MVP
John Fidel | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2019 4:23 AM

As an aside, once you find the book in your library you may want to drag it to the shortcuts bar so you can use it with one click. Here is some instructions on the shortcut bar if you have not used it.

https://faithlife.com/logos-flashcards-app/documents

Posts 111
Geertruida Selter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2019 7:02 AM

Graham, when I look into the library under biblical commentaries, all the NTGIC commentaries show up, only the one on the gospel of Mathew doesn’t.  I can only see it when I look under the author,then it shows up. As I bought the whole serie, it should be in the library book list.I  have never seen that a book I owned says on the Logos website I could open it from there.

Posts 22103
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2019 7:10 AM

Geertruida Selter:
Graham, when I look into the library under biblical commentaries, all the NTGIC commentaries show up, only the one on the gospel of Mathew doesn’t.

Please post a screenshot (using the paperclip icon) showing this:

Geertruida Selter:
As I bought the whole serie, it should be in the library book list.

Agreed - and the fact that you can see it when you search by author does show it is in your library

Geertruida Selter:
I  have never seen that a book I owned says on the Logos website I could open it from there.

Do you mean like I am showing here? If so that is standard behaviour (certainly on the new website platform)

Posts 111
Geertruida Selter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2019 7:28 AM

yes. 

I've been fiddling around with the filter in the library, and saw the series mentioned as Logos edition and sure enough 11 of the 12 books showed up, and when I clicked on permanent in the filter showed up aside the list Mathew showed up in the list. I don't understand why it doesn't show up in the Logos edition list as I bought it as the whole series, but at least now I can get to it.

Posts 22103
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2019 7:33 AM

Geertruida Selter:
but at least now I can get to it.

this is good to hear

Geertruida Selter:
when I clicked on permanent in the filter showed up aside the list Mathew showed up in the list

This sounds very strange as clicking on a filter should reduce the number of resources shown (or keep it the same) - it shouldn't add new ones in!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS