Refunds go to card used for purchase. Why cant credit be given?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 989
JohnB | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Nov 27 2019 2:44 PM

I recently 'returned' a book set for refund and requested clearly that the money be refunded as credit. Sadly I was informed that it HAD to go back to the card used for purchase.

Why can it not be refunded as a credit when requested as this will same me money in card usage costs with my next purchase and Logos will have the use of it for a time?

Win Win!!!

If customer service was wrong can someone advise them of this?? 

Posts 342
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2019 3:34 PM

JohnB:

I recently 'returned' a book set for refund and requested clearly that the money be refunded as credit. Sadly I was informed that it HAD to go back to the card used for purchase.

JohnB, you were not given the correct information.

Usually when a refund is done, the funds are returned to the card used for purchase. 

However, at the customer's request, the funds can be left as credit on your account.  This is often advantageous for customers living outside of the US.

Please accept my apologies.

Posts 989
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2019 3:50 PM

Joe McCune (Faithlife):
This is often advantageous for customers living outside of the US.

Exactly!!

Even more when the value of the pound is sinking quicker than the Titanic! Big Smile

Thanks very much to customer service for their response to this post as well. 

Posts 991
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Nov 27 2019 11:23 PM

JohnB:

Joe McCune (Faithlife):
This is often advantageous for customers living outside of the US.

Exactly!!

Even more when the value of the pound is sinking quicker than the Titanic! Big Smile

Thanks very much to customer service for their response to this post as well. 

John

Have a look at the Halifax Clarity credit card. I think you'll find there are no transaction fees and that the foreign exchange fees are "bank" rate. I also normally find that refunds are processed at the same rate too.

Posts 989
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 2 2019 7:54 AM

Thanks Paul

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS