Cyber Monday

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 18010
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 2 2019 8:41 AM

Jan Krohn:

I got two more courses:

AP121, because Covenantal Apologetics is not part of the apologetics degree program I'm taking; Scott Oliphint is a gifted teacher, and the discount is awesome. Downside, it's only the application, not the theology. But AP120 is on my wish list now.

TH292, because most if not all of my professors are dispensationalist, and I'd appreciate to get acquainted to a different viewpoint too. Plus, the discount is awesome.

Thanks Smile so my wallet is crying a bit on this Cyber Monday Crying (along with finding a pleasant $ 0.00 surprise). Thankful can search Logos.com for Live resources not owned sorted by Savings (so Cyber Monday items appear on first page along with other items) => https://www.logos.com/search?page=1&sortBy=Savings&limit=60&filters=availability-storefront-lo_Available%20At%2Bstatus-live_Status&ownership=unowned

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 992
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 2 2019 2:20 PM

Christina de Martínez (Faithlife):

Jan Krohn:

Meaning, the last batch of deals will arrive at 2 a.m. on Tuesday morning for me, and will be available for only one hour.

Bummer...

If you're in a different time zone and you'll be asleep during the Cyber Monday deals, feel free to call us, email us, or send us a chat on the website. No promises, but our Sales team may be able to help you out. 

Our phone number for international calls is: +1 360-685-4437
The U.K. line is: 0871-218-1700
Email: sales@logos.com

Christina

Unfortunately sales were unable to help me with advising on books that will be on sale over the next 3 hours. The promotion is great, but flawed for your international customers. I think given you have international customers it would have been preferable to have released all the books at once and make available for a day.

Posts 31
LogosEmployee

Paul Caneparo:

Christina

Unfortunately sales were unable to help me with advising on books that will be on sale over the next 3 hours. The promotion is great, but flawed for your international customers. I think given you have international customers it would have been preferable to have released all the books at once and make available for a day.

I'm sorry to hear that. Our policy in general is to take care of our customers whenever we can—but our Sales and Customer Service departments are also mindful that there's a fine line between bending and breaking the "rules." I'll try to see if I can pull any strings for you, but again, no promises. Smile

Regardless, this is helpful feedback that we'll take in consideration. We certainly didn't intend to make it difficult for international customers to enjoy Cyber Monday. 

Posts 27813
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 2 2019 7:43 PM

Regardless, this is helpful feedback that we'll take in consideration.

FWIW - I am unable to see any "hourly" deals. All day, when I click on the promotion link, I see "featured," "courses," "50%," etc. When I click on "hourly," however, nothing happens. The list does not change. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 802
Lew Worthington | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 2 2019 7:44 PM

I noticed that, too, JT.

Posts 10329
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 2 2019 7:54 PM

JT (alabama24):

Regardless, this is helpful feedback that we'll take in consideration.

FWIW - I am unable to see any "hourly" deals. All day, when I click on the promotion link, I see "featured," "courses," "50%," etc. When I click on "hourly," however, nothing happens. The list does not change. 

Well, no wonder. You had to go straight. My browser refuses their promo links.  Just joking about need for the straight link, though it worked.

Posts 1642
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 2 2019 8:12 PM

JT (alabama24):

Same here.

I saw them last night (Australian time), but there are no hourly deals now. Even tried multiple browsers.

Posts 992
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 2 2019 10:20 PM

Paul Caneparo:

Christina

I'm sorry to hear that. Our policy in general is to take care of our customers whenever we can—but our Sales and Customer Service departments are also mindful that there's a fine line between bending and breaking the "rules." I'll try to see if I can pull any strings for you, but again, no promises. Smile

Regardless, this is helpful feedback that we'll take in consideration. We certainly didn't intend to make it difficult for international customers to enjoy Cyber Monday. 

Thanks Christina. I was able to stay awake until the 2pm deals. Hopefully I didn't miss any great books at 3pm, 4pm and 5pm. 

Posts 529
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 3 2019 12:25 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Thanks Christina. I was able to stay awake until the 2pm deals. Hopefully I didn't miss any great books at 3pm, 4pm and 5pm. 

I wasn't able to stay awake all night either and I have no idea what deals I missed. I won't grumble because I regularly spend far too much money on Logos products so this Cyber Monday sales method has no doubt saved me more than a few pennies. Thanks Logos!

Now, I realise that Logos isn't *trying* to be disrespectful to anyone by using the hourly deals promotion. I realise that the company is a US-based, profit-seeking company, that "business is business," and that the hourly deals approach is calculated to generate customer excitement broadly and to maximize sales. But given the number of emails and notifications I have received about the promotion, it is disappointing that I am effectively excluded from a large part of it. Logos knows that I don't live in a US time zone.

Things like this, not to mention the company occasionally promoting free books that aren't available to everyone everywhere, are more puzzling than annoying.

My opinion of Logos is very high regardless.

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS