LogosSetup.exe refuses to install

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 11
Wheatpenny | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 3 2019 1:59 PM

I have downloaded the installer three times (each time thinking I might have got a corrupted download the last time).   When I click on it I get the error message "setup was unable to download a required file".

I checked these forums and the support pages, but have been unable to find a solution. I tried making a firewall exception and even turning off my firewall completely, but it still doesn't work.

I was looking forward to buying Logos (I had the free version on my old computer) but now I'm a bit afraid to, because the paid version might not work either.

“It cannot be that the people should grow in grace unless they give themselves to reading. A reading people will always be a knowing people. ”

― John Wesley

Posts 11
Wheatpenny | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 3 2019 2:24 PM

OK, running it as administrator did the trick.  Now to see how well it runs on this computer.

“It cannot be that the people should grow in grace unless they give themselves to reading. A reading people will always be a knowing people. ”

― John Wesley

Posts 18468
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 3 2019 2:33 PM

Jeffrey Graham:

OK, running it as administrator did the trick.  Now to see how well it runs on this computer.

Welcome Big Smile

Logos Help Center (LHC) articles => Problems with Logos Setup or Updating Logos and => "The selected user does not have sufficient privileges. . ." During Installation may be helpful.

Note: Logos may need administrative privileges for .Net installation, but not for normal use.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 22961
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 3 2019 2:33 PM

Hi Jeffrey - and welcome to the forums

Glad you have it working but running as Administrator is not recommended and it is worth finding out what was causing the problem.

Do any of the suggestions at https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360008567331 help? I note from your comments that you have tried some of these.

Graham

Posts 11
Wheatpenny | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 3 2019 3:04 PM

Thanks for the replies everyone. I bookmarked that help page so in case I ever have to reinstall again, if this problem comes up again.

I went ahead and bought the Fundamentals package while it was on sale, and added the NIV.

― John Wesley

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS