Missing settings control for Word by Word guide in Workflow. 8.10 Beta 4 (8.10.0.0023) Windows 10

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 793
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 6 2019 4:43 PM

The settings control, normally available in the stand alone Word by Word guide, is not available in the Word by Word Guide in a Workflow.

Not available in the edit workflow mode either.  Would be nice to have it in both places.

Posts 2056
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2019 12:37 PM

Workflows still need a lot of love!

Posts 793
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2019 3:19 PM

Yea, I figure they don't get too many reports on Workflows because its problems discourage people from using it, so I am hoping that if I send a few reports in they'll realize people are using it and maybe it will get a little more attention.

Posts 2945
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 11 2019 9:20 AM

Hi Tim,

This is currently working as designed. It's not supporting every feature. You can click on the link the open that up in a new panel. I have passed this on to the team as a feature request.

Posts 793
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 11 2019 11:19 AM

Thank you, Philana. 

Having the ability to set all options for a tool within a workflow will help the workflow operate predictably and as intended by the user.  Without this, you don't know what you will get when you open the tool and may have to make adjustments when it is opened.

Also, the settings should be individual for each instance.  For instance, with the Concordance Guide, it is not out of the realm of possibility that a user will have it once in a workflow for one setting, and another instance at the same time in the same workflow with a different setting - the Concordance Guide is a very powerful and useful tool for use in the workflow.

Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS