PLEASE BE ADVISED!

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 2361
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2019 3:35 PM

I got an email on a book from Lexham, loved the price, clicked to add it to the cart and went to checkout. I looked down at the total and saw there was sales tax. ??? So I backed up and realized I was ordering a physical book, so that ended the sale.

I do think Logos needs to make physical book sales with a more distinctive flag to make it clear that you are ordering a print copy. I don't think it's deception. I think it's a lack of distinction.

I still relish my leather Bible and custom ground nib fountain pens. I can't imagine living in a house without a bookshelf.  But I am spoiled rotten by Logos on my computer and tablet. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 1897
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2019 3:43 PM

Logos ebooks have sales tax as well.  

Posts 213
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2019 5:38 PM

Logos is sending out a return label. They offered to reimburse the difference on the sale if I had wanted to keep the book. They were clear that this was a simple misunderstanding and will have their marketing team look over the whole affair and I even invited them to see the comments here as many of you had good ideas. It was Logos trying their best to make an all in one website and Lexham wanting to put their latest release on sale. Thanks for all your help and support 🙏

Posts 2361
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 7 2019 10:07 PM

Kenneth Neighoff:

Not everywhere. Yet...

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 3400
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 9 2019 5:45 AM

I looked at the product page on a laptop... I can see title, description, price, sale banner, discount, rating, and the add to cart button without scrolling down, but nothing about format until scrolling all the way down to Product Details.

I know FL has sold physical books and other items on the Logos.com website for a number of years, but most people probably haven't noticed, and if I wanted that book, it would almost assuredly have made it into my cart before I would realize to my surprise and annoyance that it's a physical copy.

FL Marketing, please build in a banner or something similar onto the upper part of all Logos.com PDPs that are physical books indicating that they are physical books.

As an aside, I note that the Logos.com search function apparently does not pick up on information found only in Product Details. See this search for "Hardcover", which lacks this book presently under discussion among its results.

Posts 397
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 9 2019 4:05 PM

mab:

Kenneth Neighoff:

Not everywhere. Yet...

FYI, the law requires that we charge sales tax in states where we physically have employees.

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 6868
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 9 2019 4:14 PM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

mab:

Kenneth Neighoff:

Not everywhere. Yet...

FYI, the law requires that we charge sales tax in states where we physically have employees.

In that case, don’t ever come to Florida, the Promise Land where no taxes are paid on Logos books! 😜

Posts 397
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 9 2019 4:18 PM

Theo:

Logos is sending out a return label. They offered to reimburse the difference on the sale if I had wanted to keep the book. They were clear that this was a simple misunderstanding and will have their marketing team look over the whole affair and I even invited them to see the comments here as many of you had good ideas. It was Logos trying their best to make an all in one website and Lexham wanting to put their latest release on sale. Thanks for all your help and support 🙏

Theo, I'm glad you contacted us so that we could address the issue for you. We makes mistakes sometimes, but if you are unhappy with a purchase for any reason, we'll always do whatever is needed to make it right. Customer service always has been, and always will be, a core part of our culture.

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 213
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 9 2019 8:12 PM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):

Theo:

Theo, I'm glad you contacted us so that we could address the issue for you. We makes mistakes sometimes, but if you are unhappy with a purchase for any reason, we'll always do whatever is needed to make it right. Customer service always has been, and always will be, a core part of our culture.

Yes, but in this case I wanted to make sure that an individual solution was not an immediate fix, so I posted here. By doing so, the community can support me to help me in my errors while offering the above suggestions to help you in yours and together all are equally edified. In the meantime, others can learn and avoid the same mistakes. I think some interesting possible ways to proceed have been offered above to help guide all in a better experience because the community responded. 

Posts 213
Theo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 9 2019 8:16 PM

FL in FL? Well... Heiser will soon be there! Lol Will they follow? Lol

Posts 6868
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 9 2019 10:06 PM

Theo:

FL in FL? Well... Heiser will soon be there! Lol Will they follow? Lol

Ha! Heiser no longer works at Faithlife! 😜

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS