Linking Tabs in Mobile 8 iOS.

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 36

Thanks Graham!

The party hat is on it's way. Smile

I'm still not totally sure how the Faithlife Ebooks Resources Only switch functions (Show only Faithlife Ebooks and downloaded resources).  For example, if I filter my library to reveal only Monographs, when the "switch" is on, it reduces my selections significantly as opposed to when the "switch" is off.  That makes sense.  What doesn't make sense is that nearly all of my library is Faithlife to begin with.  So I'd expect not a big difference between having the toggling the switch on and off.  Not a big deal.  Just curious.  Perhaps it has to do with the overall function of the material (i.e. formatted more for an Ebook framework than a Logos framework).

Posts 22386
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 12 2019 6:52 AM

Christopher (Greenfield, WI):
What doesn't make sense is that nearly all of my library is Faithlife to begin with

Do you mean you purchased them from the Faithlife eBooks site as opposed to the Logos site?

Posts 36
No -- Logos (Libronix) comprises most of my library. I may have purchased some items from Faithlife's Ebook site. To me Logos = Faithlife and vice-versa.
Posts 22386
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 12 2019 7:02 PM

No -- Logos (Libronix) comprises most of my library. I may have purchased some items from Faithlife's Ebook site. To me Logos = Faithlife and vice-versa.

In which case I’m afraid I don’t understand what you meant by “What doesn't make sense is that nearly all of my library is Faithlife to begin with”

Please clarify / expand

Posts 36

Sorry for the lack of clarity!

Picture one big chocolate cake.  One-half of the cake is "Logos" and the other half is "Faithlife."  To me, even though there are two components to the one cake, it's all one big piece of delicious to me.  I equate my entire library to being both from Logos and Faithlife.  It's one cake!

Evidentially it's not (so it wasn't making sense to me).  As I understand it now, toggling the switch on yields only the Faithlife Ebooks and downloaded resources (1/2 of the cake).  On the other hand, toggling the switch off yields the whole enchilada...er chocolate cake.

If I've further confused you, please find a slice of chocolate cake and enjoy! Cake

Posts 28130
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 12 2019 8:12 PM

One-half of the cake is "Logos" and the other half is "Faithlife."

Faithlife's nomenclature irritates me. "Logos" can mean the software, the old name of the company, or an "edition" of resources. "Faithlife" can mean one of the mobile apps, the new name of the company, an "edition" of resources, or the social media site. 

In any case, the "Faithlife" mobile app is designed to be a stripped down "reader" app for the FLEB (Faithlife EBooks, formerly "Vyrso") titles. Most FLEB titles are not "academic" in nature (unlike most "Logos" resources). FLEB titles are more general resources, the kinds you would find in your local evangelical "christian book store." You will find things like "amish romance novels," "devotionals," and "christian living" resources. The original idea is that Logos users who have Christian novels might not want their IVP Black Dictionaries crowding out their "love speaks softly" novels. Wink

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 36

JT (alabama24):
Faithlife's nomenclature irritates me.

Sounds like you could use some chocolate cake. Big Smile

Thanks for the helpful explanation.

BTW, I did not know "amish romance novels" was a thing.  I'm not even going to ask....

Posts 2058
Forum MVP
Reuben Helmuth | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 13 2019 8:54 AM

BTW, I did not know "amish romance novels" was a thing.  I'm not even going to ask....

BTW, as a (former) insider, I can assure you that these are only 'Amish' in the loosest, broadest sense. 😜

Posts 36

Reuben Helmuth:
BTW, as a (former) insider, I can assure you that these are only 'Amish' in the loosest, broadest sense. 😜

I am so disappointed.

Sigh...I think I need some chocolate cake.

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS