Page 3 of 5 (90 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 89 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2009 5:31 PM

John McComb:

Yes George, I know what Dune is (This exchange kind of reminds me of that scene in the Seinfeld episode where Elaine asks Jerry, "Did you know that Mozart died while he was in the middle of  writing his requiem mass?". His response,... "Yes, I know that. Everybody knows that. It was in Amadeus?").

I don't believe I ever watched a complete episode of Seinfeld.  What little I did see seemed like a complete bore.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2009 5:47 PM

Definitely keep the On/Off feature.  & lower the default volume.

Give users the ability to add their own custom sounds.

Add several more packaged sounds. A few suggestions: 1) Birds singing  2) Church bells tolling 3) Ocean surf breaking  4) Baby laughing 5) Crickets chirping  6) Mozart's Turkish March 7) How about an Audio Bible Verse - maybe in Greek!

In Libronix Version 5.0  I want to SMELL bacon frying. for breakfast  8-)

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 2
Kris | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2009 5:54 PM

I like having a startup sound.  But I would like to suggest that you make it a bit shorter.  I just timed it.  It runs about 10 seconds which seems a little long to me.  I remember thinking that the first time I heard it. 

Of course, all of this depends on the purpose of the sound.  As a branding sound -- one that immediately reminds people of the software (and everything good about it), I would keep it short and very distinctive.  Right now it seems too long to be easily remembered and identified.

If it is meant to inspire people to study then a longer (and even customizable) startup sound would be appropriate. 

Thanks for asking.

Kris

Kris DeBruine
Web Developer | Logos Scholar's Library User
http://www.reliantprohost.com
http://kmd2815.blogspot.com

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2009 6:11 PM

MatthewCJones:
In Libronix Version 5.0  I want to SMELL bacon frying. for breakfast  8-)

That's not Kosher.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 129
John McComb | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2009 7:09 PM

MatthewCJones:

Add several more packaged sounds. A few suggestions: 1) Birds singing  2) Church bells tolling 3) Ocean surf breaking  4) Baby laughing 5) Crickets chirping  6) Mozart's Turkish March 7) How about an Audio Bible Verse - maybe in Greek!

Birds singing? Ocean surf? Add a rendition of Fur Elise on the panpipes and you'll have a little shop in a trendy fashion district that stinks of potpourri and has wind chimes danging from from every ceiling tile and gargoyle figurines on every shelf.

Posts 129
John McComb | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2009 7:13 PM

Kris DeBruine:

I like having a startup sound.  But I would like to suggest that you make it a bit shorter.  I just timed it.  It runs about 10 seconds which seems a little long to me.  I remember thinking that the first time I heard it. 

Shorter? It's supposed to cover the Libronix startup time. I recommend lengthening it to 10 minutes.

Sorry. Old OS and antiquated computer. Nobody's fault but my own.

Yours in Christ

John

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2009 7:19 PM

John McComb:
Birds singing? Ocean surf? Add a rendition of Fur Elise on the panpipes and you'll have a little shop in a trendy fashion district that stinks of potpourri and has wind chimes danging from from every ceiling tile and gargoyle figurines on every shelf.

Let's all sing like the birdies sing,
Tweet, tweet, tweet, tweet, tweet

Cool

george
gfsomsel

Posts 129
John McComb | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 27 2009 7:20 PM

George Somsel:

I don't believe I ever watched a complete episode of Seinfeld.  What little I did see seemed like a complete bore.

That's because you're a smart guy George. Humor like that is far to pedestrian to be appreciated by those who excede common intellect.

Yours in Christ

John

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2009 2:41 AM

Start-up sounds should be          ~h.~.a.~.p.~.p.~.y.~.    ala Mozart. Music

I have a BIG back yard and am awakened every morning by Birdies singing. Coffee
I used to live near the seashore in St. Augustine (Orange & Riberia Streets.) - happy times. Paradise
My 13th child only laughs since he's just 5 months old. Person
My Independent Baptist Church forgot to put a belfry on the new building. I wanna compensate. Devil
At the end of the day, I still have a BIG back yard and am serenaded to sleep by crickets. Sleep
Lastly, I settled for Audio Greek because I can't figure out how to have my Reverse Interlinear read out loud to me. Computer

If you'd rather hear the Theme to Mission Impossible upon Start-Up, you should have that option. 

Posts 2964
tom | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2009 12:47 PM

Bob Pritchett:

Do you like having a startup sound in Logos Bible Software? Is it enough that you can turn it off in preferences, or should we just get rid of it? Or do you like it?

In the next version, should we go to the trouble to create a new sound? Can a little audio logo, or bumper music, get you into the mood to start your study, or is it just a distraction?

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

I do not like it.

Posts 80
Ray Timmermans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2009 5:58 PM

Kill it. Not needed and a memory drainer

Posts 87
David Emme | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2009 9:47 PM

It has it's uses from time to time, especially when you are adding resources and you hear that sound of it turning on, this means for me to keep an eye, perhaps accidentally double buying when it comes on or to make sure I have access to that resource when all is said and done.

I would like to see more options, choose your own or create your own.

Posts 50
Ron Newberry | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2009 10:19 PM

don't like the default sound, it's turned off

Posts 6489
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2009 3:18 AM

Same here. I would not mind the option to insert my own, if I ever use it. Too often startup sounds are a distraction, especially when working where others are around.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 1
jeff beard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2009 5:26 AM

Current sound is not associated with Logos, recommend not dumping it, but option to turn off/on. I can understand having the option of replacing with personal preference .wav file. 

Posts 1
jeff beard | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2009 5:27 AM

edit:  it IS...associated w/ logos and would like to keep it. Thanks.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2009 7:54 AM

jeff beard:

edit:  it IS...associated w/ logos and would like to keep it. Thanks.

Jeff,

You have the ability to edit your post for a certain time period (maybe a whole day??) before it gets set in stone. As soon as you see a typo, spelling or grammatical error, or have that instant regret for a hasty post, just go to the "MORE" button on the top right of the post you wish to edit. It has a drop down menu with an EDIT option. I've had to use it a bunch since the spellcheck doesn't want to work in Firefox.

Posts 1
jeff beard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2009 12:42 PM

Matthew,

Thanks VERY much.

Posts 452
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2009 1:06 PM

Personally for me, on Mac and PC, the Logos music is loud and doesn't really do anything for me.  None of the programs I used on a regular basis (outside of the operating system) have start up music.  I like that Logos has something different about it from the start, but it just sounds...fluffy.  I really like the idea of a start up sound.  Maybe you could set it so we could legally do our own thing (turn off, set our own, pick from a few choices you give us). 

Maybe if you could implement a God's Voice Chip where when I turn Logos on God says, "Go here and I will show you a scripture or resource to study..."  That would be pretty fly.

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2009 1:36 PM

David Buckham:

Personally for me, on Mac and PC, the Logos music is loud and doesn't really do anything for me.  None of the programs I used on a regular basis (outside of the operating system) have start up music.  I like that Logos has something different about it from the start, but it just sounds...fluffy.  I really like the idea of a start up sound.  Maybe you could set it so we could legally do our own thing (turn off, set our own, pick from a few choices you give us). 

Maybe if you could implement a God's Voice Chip where when I turn Logos on God says, "Go here and I will show you a scripture or resource to study..."  That would be pretty fly.

Do you need a recommendation to an oral surgeon to remove your tongue from your cheek?

george
gfsomsel

Page 3 of 5 (90 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS