Posts 452
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 4 2009 1:49 PM

HA!  It wasn't that bad was it?

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 8
Allen W | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 5 2009 10:52 AM

I'm VERY interested in the HOW do I cut that sound off, I thought I had done it before but can't figure out how now.  Help index did not find anything for "sartup sound".

Can someone tell me how to cut it off.  Now I hit mute then turn off mute when the program has loaded.

I guess you can see the answer to the original question, I don't care for the sound, give me the option to turn it off and I'm a "happy camper".

Posts 12
John A. English | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 5 2009 11:27 AM

The start up sound usually does not bother me.  However, when in class it would be helpful to have a quick out (way to turnit off instantly) when I forget to turn it off ahead of time.

Having choices would be cool - but I like the one that's there too.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 5 2009 11:45 AM

AllenWaldrep:

I'm VERY interested in the HOW do I cut that sound off, I thought I had done it before but can't figure out how now.  Help index did not find anything for "sartup sound".

Can someone tell me how to cut it off.  Now I hit mute then turn off mute when the program has loaded.

I guess you can see the answer to the original question, I don't care for the sound, give me the option to turn it off and I'm a "happy camper".

Go to "Tools | Options | General" and click on the "Interface" button.  Make sure the "Play Sounds" box is UNchecked.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 452
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2009 9:47 AM

On the latest YouTube BibleStudy Magazine intro there is a song that plays as the Logos logo is flashed.  I like that sound MUCH better.  Check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNpBCkGaXVI

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 604
John Fugh, Jr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2009 11:08 AM

Chris Roberts:
Kill it. It's one of the first things I turn off when I install Logos. Not as bad as the Windows Start Navigation sound, but one of those things that always makes me wonder, "Why do they keep that in there?"

Same with me.  ;)

John

Posts 67
Aaron Kesson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2009 1:52 PM

David Buckham:

On the latest YouTube BibleStudy Magazine intro there is a song that plays as the Logos logo is flashed.  I like that sound MUCH better.  Check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNpBCkGaXVI

OOOOHHHH I likey!

Grace and Peace,

-Rev. Aaron Kesson

http://www.aaronkesson.com

Posts 25038
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2009 3:21 AM

Bob Pritchett:
I'd love to hear your thoughts!

One reason for switching it off is to improve startup peformance, but I never liked the sound as it was a distraction!

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 286
Dr. Charles A. Wootten | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2009 11:25 AM

After  perusing all the replies, the only question that keeps recurring to me is, "Why do you have your speakers turned on all the time?" 

I've a switch for my desktop  computer that allows me to use either the speakers or headphones. Well, it's always clicked to headphones. If I need to hear something I'll put them on. The speakers on the laptop are never turned on.

Are there really so many people in dire need of ambient noise that TVs, radios, speakers, etc., are always on? That's a sign of insanity. When do you take time to think and study? Ooops.....that's probably assuming too much for this modern generation.Geeked

I actually like the sound, but I don't play it over and over and over. The only time I really hear it is when I get the occasional cellular telephone call, or if I'm close enough to the headphones when activating the software.

Just saying....

{charley}

running Logos Bible Software 6.0a: Collector's Edition on HP e9220y (AMD Phenom II X4 2.60GHz 8.00GB 64-bit Win 7 Pro SP1) & iPad (mini) apps.

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2009 1:03 PM

Dr. Charles A. Wootten:

After  perusing all the replies, the only question that keeps recurring to me is, "Why do you have your speakers turned on all the time?" 

I've a switch for my desktop  computer that allows me to use either the speakers or headphones. Well, it's always clicked to headphones. If I need to hear something I'll put them on. The speakers on the laptop are never turned on.

Are there really so many people in dire need of ambient noise that TVs, radios, speakers, etc., are always on? That's a sign of insanity. When do you take time to think and study? Ooops.....that's probably assuming too much for this modern generation.Geeked

I actually like the sound, but I don't play it over and over and over. The only time I really hear it is when I get the occasional cellular telephone call, or if I'm close enough to the headphones when activating the software.

Just saying....

{charley}

Just call me "insane" (Why not, everyone else does).  I have my speakers on virtually all of the time and stream radio stations.  At the moment I'm listening to Saint-Saens Organ Symphony.  I couldn't make it through the day without it.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 25038
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2009 1:51 AM

George Somsel:
I couldn't make it through the day without it.

Without the sympathy?Smile

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2009 3:01 AM

Dave Hooton:

George Somsel:
I couldn't make it through the day without it.

Without the sympathy?Smile

OK, Dave, you're pulling a "George."  It's a good thing I can do with the sympathy though since I get little or none of that.  Perhaps that's as it should be.  It would be nice though if rather than sympathy people would try reading and understanding what I wrote instead of assuming I'm talking about them and getting upset as a consequence.

george
gfsomsel

Posts 25038
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2009 7:14 AM

George Somsel:
OK, Dave, you're pulling a "George."  It's a good thing I can do with the sympathy though since I get little or none of that.

I'm being myself, which means that I couldn't resist the (unintended) possibilities of your remark!  I switched on the Hi-Fi tonight and relaxed with the Best of Buddy Holly - I could also have listened to 1812 Overture or Bolero.

Regards,

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 1
John Weston | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 16 2010 11:26 AM

THANKS GEORGE!!!!! I"ve been looking for this quite a while. I went about the way the other user did and tried to remove or replace the audio file itself. THANKS!

I'm think it should be killed. The long drawn-out startup tone is something reminiscent of 90's computing. Windows Vista, 7, Mac OSX, have a short tone. Ubuntu is a little longer, but only about 2 seconds.

Posts 23
Graham B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 28 2010 2:10 AM

I'm in the 'Set the default to OFF' camp. Some do like it. Maybe the option of personalizing the sound file might entice me to have a play. Most likely to be short lived though!

Posts 59
Y2K2 | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 7:13 PM

I too work at my computer using Libronix either quite late at night or early in the morning. The startup music is quite shocking for me as I know that it's disturbing to my neighbors. I did not know it could be turned off until I consulted the support articles. Doing away with the music is not necessary as many users probably enjoy it. However having the option to turn it off is very useful.

Posts 214
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 5 2011 11:13 PM

Kill it.

Posts 428
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 5:10 AM

I turn the sound off, but I wish I could turn of the startup sound only, and keep other sounds... I really like the IE and forefox sounds yu can have when you click on a page... it just confirms what you've done so that you don't sit there waiting ten minutes for a page to open when you hadn't actually clicked on it... stuff like that.

So sounds would be great in Logos, but the ability to turn them off is crucial too...

Posts 4625
RIP
Milford Charles Murray | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 7:07 AM

I really like it!  After all these years of Libronix and Logos, I find it soothing!

It helps me get into a good mental frame of mind for Bible Study and Personal Devotion.

I know that I am "barking up the wrong tree," but I would dearly appreciate that same sound - the same length in Logos 4.

Hopefully, it could still happen!  ???   With a turn-off of some kind for those who don't want it or don't appreciate it?

Logos, Please!                 I know that you have a lot of items on your priority plate; however, if this happened in the next year -- or two!  -- or three!  -- I would be overjoyed!

*smile*

Peace to all!  And Great Joy in the New Year!

Philippians 4:  4 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand..........

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 6 2011 8:16 AM

Please KILL IT!  It would be cool if we could insert our own sound bite file. 

Page 4 of 5 (90 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS