Logos 9 Wishlist

Page 17 of 28 (560 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last »
This post has 559 Replies | 33 Followers

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 23 2020 1:02 PM

I would really like

1) A better way to create custom reading plans

2) A relational database with the people in the bible linked together so I can move up and down a family tree rather than the static family trees we have at the moment. This would be great :-)

3) Better atlas/maps. 

Posts 751
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 23 2020 1:20 PM

Dave

I think you need to be a lot more specific.  What would a better way to create reading plans look like?  What would a better map look like?

Larry

Posts 130
Andrew116 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 1:49 AM

My wishlist...

• Desktop software runs faster especially the right click menu
  • dark mode
Posts 751
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 5:23 AM

I agree with this, at least the first part.  don't know what dark mode is.

When I do my Bible reading, I keep my print Bible handy, and a lot of times I just read from my print Bible, because Logos moves around like a rusty machine that you push, and push, and push, and then it lurches forward a little.  The simple task of scrolling down a page is never a smooth operation.  It's always jumps and stalls.  Three attempts to get it moving and then it jumps ahead.

Posts 7078
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 6:54 AM

Denise:

DAL:
Gotta give it to WORDsearch on this one, the graphics look great!

You're not making my day better. Especially, with the Palestine topos resource now in development.

Not bad from the mobile app:

Posts 194
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 8:53 AM

Larry Craig:

I agree with this, at least the first part.  don't know what dark mode is.

Dark mode is available in mobile apps already.  It lets you set a black background with white font so that it's easier on your eyes when reading in the dark.

Ideally Logos would not only have a dark mode, but allow for each window to be set to different themes like their A competitor has been doing for awhile now.

Posts 2839
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 9:37 AM

No doubt there is consensus for more speed and fixing features to do not work.

I agree that organizational improvements for the Library are needed.

It would great if the Personal Book Builder could handle pdf files.

As for what new books that are needed:  I need the Bicentennial Edition of John Wesley's Works, published by Abingdon.  It is the only edition that has the best Wesleyan scholarship.   

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 11:57 AM

Larry Craig:

Dave

I think you need to be a lot more specific.  What would a better way to create reading plans look like?  What would a better map look like?

Larry

Thanks Larry you are right, it was as vague as a cloud :-) 

1) A better way to create custom reading plans. It would be lovely to be able to drag and drop chapters of the bible/book into a reading plan from contents pages. Also it would be really good to be able to drop more than one resource into a particular day so that a reading plan contains the content of several different resources (i.e. a bible chapter and then a corresponding section from a commentary and a bible dictionary section. This seems better than having several reading plans because it would allow me to read ahead or catch up a reading plan that I've programmed to take me though a particular study path. 

2) A relational database with the people in the bible linked together so I can move up and down a family tree rather than the static family trees we have at the moment. This would be great :-)

3) Better atlas/maps. It would be great to have one map with loads of filters instead of what appears to be loads of different maps - a bit like the timeline,  so we can overlay different periods in the bible concurrently.

Also 4)

It would be really useful to be able to hit one button(ish) and be able to see all the downloaded resources associated with mobile ed courses. I think a lot of us have moved to SSDs which have limited capacity and what little space I have left does get filled up with the automatically downloaded content. I do think the automatic download  is good - it means I can watch away from home, but if I forget to delete afterwards there doesn't appear to be an easy way to find out where the data is other than go though all of the courses I have and delete the data associated on the off chance I have forgotten to delete the data from that one :-) There has to be a simple solution to this that you could incorporate into the software. 

Posts 7078
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 1:38 PM

Michael Childs:

Accordance’s PB’s are called “user’s tools” and you can import PDF’s now.  You may have to do some clean up to the final product due to the many formats behind the original file turned into a PDF, but so far, it works fine for monographs, articles and other stuff.  It’d be nice if Logos could implement that as well.

DAL

Posts 12
Fábio Silva | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 2:09 PM

From a pastor's standpoint. Basically I would want the software to evolve in a way where it would be my main HUB for pastoral work. A few scattered thoughts on this

Notes and Sermon Editor still feel clunky at times, it would be nice to see them improve over time.

I like the prayer list feature, and have found it helpful in the past. Could we introduce a personal Agenda/Diary that would perhaps link/sync to mainstream calendar software (Google Calendar and Apple equivalent)?

As a pastor you want to remember important dates in your flock's life (death of loved ones, birthdays, marriage/conversion/baptism anniversaries, etc.), maybe record previous pastoral visits notes (dates when you visited, favourite hymns, favourite bible passages) and other important info to keep in mind.

I know you can use the notes document for this (create a separate notebook for each member or something like that)...but...

Would be nice to have a specialized tool that would allow us to quickly pull up a "members file" and look over it in an instant, it would be awesome to have this synced up with the calendar/diary tool and have the Logos App remind you to give a call to that member in a special date.

I realize that many Logos users are not pastors, but then again, many are not preachers as well and the Sermon App is a thing. 

These are just ideas, but would really like to see Logos developing towards becoming a Pastoral Hub kind of App as well

Posts 751
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 2:20 PM

Logos is primarily a Bible study tool.  Anyone studying the Bible will often refer to sermons just like they would a commentary.  And teaching and preaching the Bible rely on good Bible tools.  Some of your ideas have nothing to do with the Bible.  The more things we want Logos to do, the clumsier it will work.  

Posts 22655
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 2:44 PM

Fábio Silva:
As a pastor you want to remember important dates in your flock's life (death of loved ones, birthdays, marriage/conversion/baptism anniversaries, etc.), maybe record previous pastoral visits notes (dates when you visited, favourite hymns, favourite bible passages) and other important info to keep in mind.

Faithlife recognises the need for these sorts of tools and are making this type of functionality available through their Ministry Tracker - https://www.ministrytracker.com/features - suite. You might want to look at this and see if it addresses your needs.

This is discussed in more detail at https://faithlife.com/ministry-tracker

Posts 12
Fábio Silva | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 2:54 PM

Larry Craig:

Logos is primarily a Bible study tool.  Anyone studying the Bible will often refer to sermons just like they would a commentary.  And teaching and preaching the Bible rely on good Bible tools.  Some of your ideas have nothing to do with the Bible.  The more things we want Logos to do, the clumsier it will work.  

I realise that, but then again we have prayer lists Wink and devotionals

Posts 12
Fábio Silva | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 2:59 PM

Graham Criddle:

Fábio Silva:

Faithlife recognises the need for these sorts of tools and are making this type of functionality available through their Ministry Tracker - https://www.ministrytracker.com/features - suite. You might want to look at this and see if it addresses your needs.

This is discussed in more detail at https://faithlife.com/ministry-tracker

Seems interesting, thank you.

The price is certainly prohibitive for me, I would just want to have the convenience of having a feature on Logos do that and not have to pay a 50$ monthly price for a calendar and a basic database that is easy to codify into any software (that's what I would be using it for basically)

Posts 1027
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 3:58 PM

Michael Childs:

Oh it would indeed! 

Sadly that is will always be a non-starter in the immediate future unless we are happy with the layout of the converted book to look exactly like a picture of the pages of the pdf (no fluid text etc,). Occasional I find Kindle files are like this. 

I convert pdf's on a regular basis using the best 'state of the art' convertors I have found and almost ALWAYS have to carry out time consuming manual adjustments/corrections to the converted layout. The problem is that the fancier the original was that was used to create the pdf the more problem the convertor has to make an accurate job in converting. A straightforward pdf of a book with a modern sharp/clean typeface and no fancy layouts, footnotes or pictures is easy but don't even ask about fuzzy English, Greek and Hebrew text  on the same page, Agh!

Posts 19
Mark Galer | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 4:17 PM

Have the verse you are reading highlighted to make it easier to read and follow. When you scroll your mouse wheel, have the highlighting jump to the next verse, etc.

Blessings

Posts 1
Marek. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 24 2020 11:19 PM
  • Performance issue - faster logos.

• iPadOS version. I'm using iPad Pro most of the time, even I still have Macbook and logos app do not match the tablet. It would be great to have logos desktop version on the iPad.

Thanks

Posts 9
jth | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 27 2020 9:40 PM

I hope FL realizes that in some countries privacy protection is quite strong and its illegal to collect data registers about people without permission, before they make this kind of tool.

Posts 69
David Betts | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 28 2020 11:38 AM

- Option similar to “Update Now” & “Update Resources” —> “Download Resources”  - with ability to choose all, or click to choose.

- For video courses: space bar to pause; left arrow, or arrow buttons on screen “rewind” 10 seconds (or user ability to chose) - similar to VLC player.

- Speed chooser on Mac like on PC. MORE speed choices like on VLC. [I must slow LXX reading to 40% in order to “keep up” as noted below]

To supplement Learn Greek and Hebrew in Logos:
   [listening to this reading puts Greek in a new light compared to learning one word at a time]
Greek Bible audio/video files here: https://www.youtube.com/user/AntonTasos/videos
     I’ve downloaded all these and play them on VLC with Logos on left 1/2 of Screen, VLC on right
     For me Swete is best option: Greek on top, English bottom. You may differ.
     Swete text at times is different than ‘Anton Tasos Channel’ videos.
     [TMI] To avoid confusion when I jot down a reference from LXX, I put X at end, e.g. Px for Ps; Gex for Gen, etc.

Blessings… Shalom to your home

Posts 69
David Betts | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 28 2020 11:50 AM

OR, this may be a better option - a playlist of 77 audio videos
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLk3PwQOcbBq2BdO967B5SqAWr6GyDESwe

Page 17 of 28 (560 items) « First ... < Previous 15 16 17 18 19 Next > ... Last » | RSS