Logos 9 Wishlist

Page 20 of 38 (745 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > ... Last »
This post has 744 Replies | 42 Followers

Posts 1513
Josh | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 1 2020 12:05 PM

I would like to see more AUDIO BIBLES. Cool I know this is not a feature, but perhaps a feature could be created that helps us use these resources more efficiently or interactively. I, for one, enjoy reading and listening to the audio at the same time. 

Posts 4119
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 1 2020 8:19 PM

I would like to see better tagging added to the LES. I’m a bit baffled that an in house resource doesn’t have things like speaker labels throughout the resource. 

Posts 389
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 5:51 AM

That is a good idea. 
Also I wish they would keep collections together, automatically, so we dont have to

Larry Craig:

I was prioritizing a resource.  It gave me several options: Prioritize this resource, or prioritize this series. 

There should also be an option: prioritize this author.

Posts 10
Randolph Capp | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 7:13 AM

I keep multiple note files, such as "From Sermons" "From my Quiet Times" "From My Library" etc. All notes at anchored to verses so they appear in all Bible versions. I would like to be able to set a default note icon and color for each note file, so I don't have to manually select them each time I switch from one file to another. Perhaps there is already a way to do this. If so, please let me know!

Posts 2299
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 7:40 AM

Make ibid in footnotes linked to the thing ibidem-ed.  

Posts 10924
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 8:40 AM

GaoLu:

Great idea!

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 437
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 12:12 PM

Please improvements for clippings. 

Posts 64
Ron Ferguson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 1:20 PM

It's probably been mentioned many times on this post, but I'd like the ability to use an apple pencil on my ipad, to make notes, circle, underline or highlight when doing study.  Even the ability to draw when using the Canvas tool.  Also I use a Windows Surface Book with a windows pencil, so even that would be nice on it as well.  

Posts 107
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 1:33 PM

NB.Mick:

GaoLu:

Great idea!

Third.

Posts 916
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 3 2020 8:21 PM

I mentioned this already, but I'm not sure I said it the best way I could.  

The prioritizing system is only good for a very small library and for prioritizing a favorite Bible or something like that.  

When you have a large library, it's a mess.  There are 66 books in the Bible, so basically about 50 or so basic passage guides for Bible commentaries.

Right now, I'm trying to organize my commentaries on ! Samuel a little better.  I have 110 commentaries in the passage guide.  I have my old standbys like Driver, Keil, and Clarke, but there are a lot that I am not familiar with.  So I'm testing them on a key passage to see if they are worthy.  The ones that are I want to put higher in my list.  The ones that are not I want to, what, lower them?  How would I do that?  I guess by putting the other books higher.  

Now prioritizing them is confusing, because I have series that are prioritized, so when I do it's like I have two sets of priorities: the series and the individual books.  

I just end up prioritizing a bunch and not others.  Then when I open the guide, I am surprised to see what I get.

What would I like to see?

Tags or folders, whatever you want to call them.

commentaries on Matthew, say.  Then I will know exactly the order they are in and I can easily move them up or down.  or better yet, let us be able to do it in the guide.  Click and hold on it, and then move it up or down the list.  That would be ideal.

Thank  you

Posts 29758
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 4 2020 3:00 PM

Two features I urgently need:

• The ability to build a workflow for evaluating historical sermons i.e. a workflow with a text type of sermon
  • The ability to slide/hide side panels such as Faithlife Assistant and Favorites off the screen and recover them via an icon such as the double caret.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 195
Kendall Sholtess | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 4 2020 11:21 PM

Logos 8 is still way too slow. Although my laptop is not a gaming laptop, it's configuration is standard for computers nowadays. So it's not my computer. I've always had trouble with Logos on all the new computers I have bought.

I would say, please simplify the program. A good question is...cut out some features. You should do a pole on that. Which features could you cut without angering too many people. The program has become too much of a resource hog.

Posts 2733
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 5 2020 12:38 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

What does your ideal Logos 9 upgrade look like? What would make Logos 9 an irresistible upgrade for you?

In light of current events, fixing and polishing 8 seems best for this year, most folks funds likely to be tight for almost all year, and into 2021, where hopefully the economy is back on track and this wont need considered to be a luxury purchase

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 244
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 5 2020 2:59 AM

Kendall Sholtess:

Logos 8 is still way too slow. Although my laptop is not a gaming laptop, it's configuration is standard for computers nowadays. So it's not my computer. I've always had trouble with Logos on all the new computers I have bought.

I would say, please simplify the program. A good question is...cut out some features. You should do a pole on that. Which features could you cut without angering too many people. The program has become too much of a resource hog.

Agreed that Logos 8 is 'too slow' - but this has less to do with number of features and a lot more to do with how it is programmed using older frameworks to output to the screen (the particular framework they are using - there are old threads about this!).

Logos 9 would be a good chance for them to change underlying programming - like they did with Logos 3 to 4 - which would speed up Logos on the desktop. This would presumably take a lot of work and a long time, but they need to make a start - a long journey starts with a footstep! The final result would be a speedy and more efficient program with less complaints (IMHO!)

Posts 3848
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 5 2020 5:35 AM

James Hudson:
Agreed that Logos 8 is 'too slow' - but this has less to do with number of features and a lot more to do with how it is programmed using older frameworks to output to the screen (the particular framework they are using - there are old threads about this!).

Interesting!

All I know is that drop downs take forever to populate.

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 107
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 5 2020 5:40 AM

James Hudson:

Logos 9 would be a good chance for them to change underlying programming - like they did with Logos 3 to 4 - which would speed up Logos on the desktop. This would presumably take a lot of work and a long time, but they need to make a start - a long journey starts with a footstep! The final result would be a speedy and more efficient program with less complaints (IMHO!)

Where are the old threads about the programming framework being outdated?

Posts 244
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 5 2020 6:48 AM

Lee Gordon:

I said they were older not outdated! But even the fact they used a framework for display is going to slow down things like populating dropdowns and visual filters and changing layouts etc.

Not sure of specific threads but over the years there have been a number that discuss the sluggishness of Logos. If you are really interested then you may want to search the forums for WPF or Microsoft Framework or Internet Explorer (yes, I know that is wierd but it is related!). I believe James McLeod wrote some posts about it (but I could be mistaken).

Anyway, the point is that the number of features won't necessarily slow Logos. Also, I realise that there are other things that will affect performance that also suggest accessing resources may be an issue (e.g. using a fast SSD).

Posts 107
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 5 2020 7:24 AM

James Hudson:

Lee Gordon:

I said they were older not outdated! But even the fact they used a framework for display is going to slow down things like populating dropdowns and visual filters and changing layouts etc.

Not sure of specific threads but over the years there have been a number that discuss the sluggishness of Logos. If you are really interested then you may want to search the forums for WPF or Microsoft Framework or Internet Explorer (yes, I know that is wierd but it is related!). I believe James McLeod wrote some posts about it (but I could be mistaken).

Anyway, the point is that the number of features won't necessarily slow Logos. Also, I realise that there are other things that will affect performance that also suggest accessing resources may be an issue (e.g. using a fast SSD).

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing with you. I just wanted to see the threads that tied it to programming as the cause. It will be more persuasive if we have specific proof it's related to how they're coding it.

Posts 107
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 5 2020 7:27 AM

DominicM:

In light of current events, fixing and polishing 8 seems best for this year, most folks funds likely to be tight for almost all year, and into 2021, where hopefully the economy is back on track and this wont need considered to be a luxury purchase

Although almost everyone will be getting a check for at least $1,200 around the end of April. It would be a shame if the package sale (30% off) ended right before everyone got their checks.

Posts 7544
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 5 2020 8:01 AM

Lee Gordon:

DominicM:

Although almost everyone will be getting a check for at least $1,200 around the end of April. It would be a shame if the package sale (30% off) ended right before everyone got their checks.

I think it will end May 15th

DAL

Page 20 of 38 (745 items) « First ... < Previous 18 19 20 21 22 Next > ... Last » | RSS