Logos 9 Wishlist

Page 25 of 33 (652 items) « First ... < Previous 23 24 25 26 27 Next > ... Last »
This post has 651 Replies | 37 Followers

Posts 862
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 5:06 PM

You searched in all Bibles.  I thought just to search in Jeremiah, and it didn't have an option just saying Jeremiah.

Thank you

Posts 29098
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 5:18 PM

Larry Craig:
  I thought just to search in Jeremiah, and it didn't have an option just saying Jeremiah.

It is already there. Under a Bible search replace "All passages" with "Jeremiah"

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 862
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 5:21 PM

Yeah, I tried that, but Logos didn't cooperate.  It gave me "11 Bibles with Jeremiah"

no results

that still should have gotten it.  Right?

Posts 807
LogosEmployee
Sean Boisen | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 5:39 PM

Larry Craig:

Yeah, I tried that, but Logos didn't cooperate.  It gave me "11 Bibles with Jeremiah"

no results

that still should have gotten it.  Right?

Do you get a different result for this? If so, could you post a screenshot? 

(Note that restricting the passages to be searched doesn't restrict Fuzzy Bible Search, only Bible Results. Likewise for the Bible being searched: Fuzzy Bible Search by definition searches a large set of Bibles.)

Posts 862
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 5:57 PM

I got nothing.

I have no success with screen shots.  I follow directions, and nothing happens.

thanks for trying.  Next time I'll put Bible instead of Jeremish.  That helped for MJ.  I think that was her.

Posts 29098
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 6:17 PM

Larry Craig:
I have no success with screen shots.

Larry Craig:
I have no success with screen shots.

As in not capturing the shot or as in not posting it? To get help, this is a skill you'll want to master.

Your screen should look exactly like Sean's except you may want something other than the ESV. Sean is showing what I described.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 862
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 6:22 PM

Every time I have tried it, nothing happened.

I agree it's a valuable tool.  I don't know what to do here.

Posts 99
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 6:26 PM

Larry Craig:

Every time I have tried it, nothing happened.

I agree it's a valuable tool.  I don't know what to do here.

What's your computer operating system? If it's Windows 10, press the Windows key + Shift + S, all at the same time. This should open up a screen-shot tool where you can simply drag the cursor where you want to capture the shot, then save it and upload it to this forum, so we can see what's happening.

Posts 862
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 6:31 PM

Windows 7

I've looked at different instructions, nothing happens.  The last one it talked about where the pictures are stored.  No such places.

Posts 99
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 6:32 PM

Larry Craig:

Windows 7

I've looked at different instructions, nothing happens.  The last one it talked about where the pictures are stored.  No such places.

See if this works for you: https://www.library.illinois.edu/staff/it/howto/snippingtool/

Posts 862
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 6:46 PM

This is certainly helping.  My problem now is that I have 4 screens that I am using.  One person click on the top of the screen I want to capture.  I keep getting all four screens.  I have to keep playing around with it.

Then I still haven't tried to paste a picture in one of these posts.

Posts 29098
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 7:02 PM

Larry Craig:
Then I still haven't tried to paste a picture in one of these posts.

Don't paste - use the paper clip icon on the editing header/task bar

Posts 862
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 7:07 PM

OK.  As I told Lee, I have 4 monitors, and it keeps taking pictures of all four.  Do I have to turn off 3 monitors for it to work?   Oooh, I did it.

Posts 862
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 7:07 PM

thank you very much.  I was ready to forget about it for the time being.  I really appreciate it.

Posts 862
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 7:08 PM

I got it.

Thanks again.

Posts 99
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 30 2020 7:14 PM

Larry Craig:

I got it.

Thanks again.

Congratulations Smile

Posts 6588
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 1 2020 1:19 AM

How about showing the "History" tab some love. It shows what I have looked at, read etc., can you put a date on when it was seen? Thanks.

Lynden Williams Commu

Posts 6588
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 1 2020 1:34 AM

Is it possible to add a bookmark somewhere in on this tab. Makes it easy to track where the user left off reading in each resource.

Lynden Williams Commu

Posts 862
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 1 2020 9:07 AM

I  have suggested numerous times that Logos create a way so that we can mark resources as read, useful, not, or other such means.  They could use a 5 star system that users could adapt to their own needs, assigning each star their own description.

When users use Logos for long projects that last for weeks at a time, we need some way to know what resources we have used and which are worth consulting again.  Now it is easy to go back to old ones and realize we already looked at this.

Posts 102
Donnie Vick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 6 2020 10:02 AM

1. I second the many comments about continuing to work on the notes. This is an old note, obviously from the date. When the new notes system went into effect, it changed all of my formatting on these sermons, as you can see below. I did not write 4 #1's. Writing sermons in notes/notebooks has been the best way for me to organize them and find them quickly. I miss the ability to title my notes, as it was the name of my sermon.
  2. Connected to that, I find the sermon document to be a terrible waste of my time. I've tried to write sermons on it, but it just doesn't work for me. Accordance has several sermon templates. These are good. It'd be nice to be able to organize them in the notebooks within the notes feature. As it stands now, I'm better off just writing my sermons in notes and printing the sermon off to take into the pulpit or typing my sermons directly into powerpoint, when i choose to use powerpoint.
  3. I hope the atlas and maps will be upgraded. The atlas has some good things going for it, but it can be difficult to use. I ought to be able to type in "Jordan River" and it zoom immediately to the Jordan River, instead of connecting it to an "event" or passage. Maybe I'm missing something on it.  

Page 25 of 33 (652 items) « First ... < Previous 23 24 25 26 27 Next > ... Last » | RSS