Logos 9 Wishlist

Page 34 of 38 (745 items) « First ... < Previous 32 33 34 35 36 Next > ... Last »
This post has 744 Replies | 42 Followers

Posts 737
Jerry Bush | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2020 4:20 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

You may also find this resource helpful: https://www.logos.com/product/7299/thats-easy-for-you-to-say-your-quick-guide-to-pronouncing-bible-names-3rd-ed

It's included in a lot of Logos 8 base packages.

I REALLY love that little resource. I keep it pinned and use it often.

iMac (2019 model), 3Ghz 6 Core Intel i5, 16gb Ram, Radeon Pro Graphics. 500GB SSD.

Posts 1962
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2020 12:39 PM

Phil (and FL team):

In case this hasn't come up in this (very long ;) thread, please review what's referenced here:

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/175093.aspx?PageIndex=2

"Polish" or "fit and finish" improvements like these really do go a long way toward the product "feeling" finished and improving user experience.

-Donnie

Posts 269
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 21 2020 3:00 PM

Customize Keyboard Functionality: It probably is too late to get any changes into Logos 9 at this late stage of development, but what I would love to see is the ability to create keyboard shortcuts to all features and functions of Logos. Something similar to Microsoft Word's Customize Keyboard functionality.  I do use Favorites/Bookmarks but that is limited to 9 shortcuts. I also use the Copy Location as L4 along with the Alfred App to speed up searches, but what is still lacking is a robust system of shortcuts.

Posts 5
Jason Brueckner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2020 4:48 AM

This is brilliant. Thanks for all that you and your team does, Phil!

Reading Plans and Doc sharing are two areas I feel that need the most improvement.

Reading Plans

The creation, navigation, and collaboration that Logos offers is all a bit dated and “clunky” ... and that’s just coming from someone who has used other reading plans apps in order to supplement my expansive Logos library. I have tens of thousands of books in my library, but I still find myself going to other platforms (apps) in order to read books/devotionals or plans together with family and friends.

This seems like it could be much simpler than it is.

Docs

Honestly, it’s much the same here. Most platforms at this price point have some sort of collaborative, built-in text editing to it. Notion, Google Drive, Microsoft, etc. ... there are plenty of great examples. Especially with how easy it is to both share and navigate cloud-based documents these days (i.e., Google Drive), it just seems like it would be incredibly difficult to improve Community Docs and Notebooks.

Posts 2305
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2020 7:05 AM

My dream wish:

I wish that my Logos Library would include the same lovely layout of categories we find on the base package pages. For example:

Posts 2305
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2020 7:11 AM

Imagine if we had the option to arrange Library Filters alphabetically to better find what we were looking for.  

Posts 11315
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2020 7:18 AM

GaoLu:

Imagine if we had the option to arrange Library Filters alphabetically to better find what we were looking for.  

Oh. So, maybe like they did in the Aegean a few years back ... alpha, beta, etc. I forget the last one ... something about the end of time.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 2305
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2020 7:20 AM

O...Mega!

Posts 99
Robert Kelbe | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2020 7:29 AM

Another area for improvement is the formatting of tables. Often tables are almost if not entirely unusable on a phone because it tries to adjust the column sizes to fit in the screen, but in doing so cause text in the cells to wrap into multiplel lines. Google Docs does this really well. If you open a Google Docs document on a phone with tables that don't fit, the text reflows as expected but the tables remain fixed width as they were created. As you scroll down the document you can scroll right/left once you get to the table, which pans only the table but not the document text. This would be a very big improvement especially for grammars which contain a lot of tables.

Posts 108
Lee Gordon | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2020 8:16 AM

Robert Kelbe:

Another area for improvement is the formatting of tables. Often tables are almost if not entirely unusable on a phone because it tries to adjust the column sizes to fit in the screen, but in doing so cause text in the cells to wrap into multiplel lines. Google Docs does this really well. If you open a Google Docs document on a phone with tables that don't fit, the text reflows as expected but the tables remain fixed width as they were created. As you scroll down the document you can scroll right/left once you get to the table, which pans only the table but not the document text. This would be a very big improvement especially for grammars which contain a lot of tables.

Yes. This is my experience as well.

Posts 36
Bill | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2020 12:03 PM

GaoLu:

My dream wish:

I wish that my Logos Library would include the same lovely layout of categories we find on the base package pages. For example:

YesYes

Posts 36
Bill | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2020 12:04 PM

GaoLu:

YesYesYes

Posts 78
Josh Moore | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2020 1:15 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

• What improvements should we make to existing features?

Text Comparison Tool
- move % difference indicator towards the front, in between the translation abbreviation and begging of the verse. This should improve “scanability”. Often times I’m looking for versions that are drastically different from my base version, especially if that version is normally very similar.
- Include an option to turn off text wrapping.
- Standardize the starting position of verses to improve scanability, essentially a three-column view where the version, %, and verse would be lined up.

Notes/Notebooks
- Include a notebook icon, especially for Workflow, so that you can still have individual notes, but rather than each one showing up on your verse, only the notebook is visible. When you hover over the icon, as a note icon, you would see a preview of the contents of the notebook.

Clippings
- include a “peg board” view in clippings that allows you to stack/collect like-clippings in what would essentially be a subfolder within the note. Larger search projects become too burdensome for the simple list view.

Workflows

- make workflow Q/A input boxes fully editable like a notes document

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

• What new features should we add?

NEW TOOL: Text Editor (not to be confused with Sermon editor)
- Personally, I feel the sermon editor needs to remain sermon/presentation focused. But I also like the idea of being able to write articles and more extensive notes in Logos. (Honestly, this is something that could be done within notes, if more text editor/html/markdown features were included.)

Layouts
- include a “send resource here” function similar to “send hyperlink here” Ideally this would be done to help keep a clean desktop so that only one resource is open at a time. You could limit it based on tags, type, collections, “everything”, etc.

Posts 4185
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 7:04 AM

I would really like to see more tools for the non-academics like interactives (both updates to the current ones and new ones) for use in presentations to small groups and classes.

Posts 1513
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 7:34 AM

In searching All Resources, I'd like a new option: besides Ranked, By Resource, and By Count, I'd also like to see By Publication Date. 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 4407
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 7:45 AM

Ben:
In searching All Resources, I'd like a new option: besides Ranked, By Resource, and By Count, I'd also like to see By Publication Date. 

YesYes

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 952
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 1:37 PM

I have a case here where I would like to tag multiple verses with a note.  Like a visual filter, but for notes.

Anything remotely like that currently available?

Posts 68
Tom Vidal | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 1:48 PM

Any reason you can't use multiple anchors to achieve this?

Posts 952
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 1:52 PM

hmmm, I don't know.

Never used anchors.  Let me play around with that and see.  

thank you

Posts 952
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2020 1:54 PM

I think this would require me to identify all the verses first, while a visual filter just does that for me.

Right?

Page 34 of 38 (745 items) « First ... < Previous 32 33 34 35 36 Next > ... Last » | RSS