Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 0
James Deason | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 22 2010 12:20 PM

I need to free up disk space.  How do I remove v3 without removing (or do I need to worry about this) any resources.

Posts 6640
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2010 12:22 PM

JimDeason:
I need to free up disk space.  How do I remove v3 without removing (or do I need to worry about this) any resources.

Uninstall it all. Your 4.0 resources are separate from your 3.0 ones.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 182
Deborah Mickens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2010 1:51 PM

JimDeason:

Jim,

Follow the steps below for how to completely remove Libronix/Logos 3 from your system.

1. Close Libronix if it is open.
  2. Go to “My Computer”
  3. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Libronix DLS\System (C:\Program Files (x86)\Libronix DLS if you have a 64-bit system)
  4. Find the file “Purgeldls.bat (.bat may or may not appear depending on your system settings.) If this file is not in this folder you can download it here.  Save this file to your desktop and proceed with the next step.
  5. Double-click on Purgeldls.bat
  6. Follow the prompts to uninstall
  7. You may see a message “This action only valid for products that are currently installed” do not worry about this, simply click “Ok”
  8. When the black screen no longer appears go to C:\Program Files and delete the Libronix DLS folder. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Libronix DLS if you have a 64-bit system)
  9. Once those have been deleted, go to My Documents (just Documents in Vista or Windows 7) and delete the Libronix DLS folder there. 
  10. Also, go to C:\ProgramData and delete the Libronix DLS folder. (If you do not see ProgramData, go to Tools > Folder Options, click on the View tab and make sure "Show Hidden Files and Folders is selected. Press OK and you should see ProgramData. If you have Vista or Windows 7, click Organize, then Folder and Search Options, make sure "Show Hidden Files and Folders is selected. Press OK and you should see ProgramData.

After those folders have been deleted, the Libronix system will be completely removed from your system.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Deborah Mickens
Logos Bible Software, Marketing
dmickens@logos.com

Deborah Mickens
dmickens@logos.com

Posts 6640
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 8:01 AM

Deborah,

Your link to download purgeldls.bat does not work.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 182
Deborah Mickens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 8:19 AM

Mark A. Smith:

Deborah,

Your link to download purgeldls.bat does not work.

Mark,

I tested the link last night after posting it to make sure it worked and again just now to make sure it works, and I am getting the link to show the box that starts the download process.

Deborah Mickens
dmickens@logos.com

Deborah Mickens
dmickens@logos.com

Posts 6640
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 8:51 AM

It is working now. I was getting some page indicating that the link was faulty earlier.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 0
James Deason | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 9:18 AM

Deborah,

I used "Add Remove Software" to remove Libronix 3.  Do I still need to run this file?

Jim

Posts 182
Deborah Mickens | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 9:24 AM

JimDeason:

Deborah,

I used "Add Remove Software" to remove Libronix 3.  Do I still need to run this file?

Jim

It is best to use the PurgeLDLS file as the Add/Remove Programs function does not always remove all components of the Libronix program. Additionally, if you do use the PurgeLDLS file, you will still need to remove the files in Documents and the Licenses as well since neither Add/Remove or PurgeLDLS will remove those folders.

Deborah Mickens
dmickens@logos.com

Deborah Mickens
dmickens@logos.com

Posts 3
Mickey Denen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 26 2010 5:11 AM

Is this the process to use if I want to remove Logos 3 and continue to use Logos 4?

Posts 6640
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 26 2010 9:39 AM

Yes it is. I assume you have long ago synched your licenses in Logos 3 and know that all your Logos 3 resources are in 4.0. If not, do that before you remove 3.0 (I'd even backup my license file locally before removing 3.0.)

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 88
Larry Heflin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 26 2010 11:01 AM

Is there a simple way to transfer Favorites, Bookmarks?

Larry

Posts 6640
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 26 2010 1:50 PM

Larry Heflin:
Is there a simple way to transfer Favorites, Bookmarks?

Do you mean so they can be used in Logos 4? You can import Logos 3 favorites, note files, highlighting, verse lists (now called passage lists) and prayer lists into Logos 4. You cannot import bookmarks.

See the wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Importing_from_LDLS3

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 88
Larry Heflin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 26 2010 9:35 PM

Thanks Mark,

Done!

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS