New Purchase not what I expected

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 59
Christopher Easton | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 22 2019 1:16 PM

So I just sold my hard copy of https://www.logos.com/product/8803/new-interpreters-bible.

I took a hit selling the hard copy so I could get the money to purchase it in LOGOS...

Now I realize must be doing something wrong...

This shows up as one volume. How can I get it to appear when I use exegetical guide/passage guide?

It is nearly at the bottom of the list and does not appear to be as user friendly to me as if it would be if separated into the 12 volumes. 

Thanks!

Chris

Posts 10669
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 22 2019 1:45 PM

Believe the single volume resource is an abridged version. Perhaps this is what you seek https://www.logos.com/product/8803/new-interpreters-bible 

Posts 1894
Kenneth Neighoff | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 22 2019 1:50 PM

Jack Caviness:

Believe the single volume resource is an abridged version. Perhaps this is what you seek https://www.logos.com/product/8803/new-interpreters-bible 

Jack

If you scroll down a little it’s stated that this product will download as one resource.  

Prioritizing the resource will have it appear higher in the list of commentaries In the passage guide. 

Posts 10404
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 22 2019 2:07 PM

Christopher Easton:

How can I get it to appear when I use exegetical guide/passage guide?

It is nearly at the bottom of the list

As Kenneth said: prioritize it to the top of your commentaries (not on top of all your prioritized resources, your top bible(s) should come before)

Btw: one volume is much more user-friendly than 12 - thus you can e.g. jump from one bible book to another in the commentary without actively opening the respective resource before. And you only need to prioritize one book, not twelve. In fact Logos built functionality to make multi-volume commentaries behave just like they were one volume (provided they share the same series name)

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 215
Dudley C Rose | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 22 2019 5:45 PM

NB.Mick:

Btw: one volume is much more user-friendly than 12 - thus you can e.g. jump from one bible book to another in the commentary without actively opening the respective resource before.

Agreed. I also prioritize this resource at the top of commentaries. I then put it in all my commentary collections, all of which I set to show parallel resources. I put it on the shortcut bar for easy access. I can open this "single volume" commentary and link it to a Bible. Using parallel I can scroll through each collection of commentaries.For example, if I have the Bible and commentary open to Exodus 2, I can then click the // icon and select any of my commentary collections and scroll through them. This all works because it is technically a single volume commentary. Since it covers the whole Bible, it will always appear no matter the Bible verse.

Posts 10669
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Dec 23 2019 7:37 AM

Logos normally combines multi volume sets into a single resource. The resource to which I linked is the multivolume set. 

Posts 215
Dudley C Rose | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 24 2019 10:38 AM

Jack Caviness:

Logos normally combines multi volume sets into a single resource. The resource to which I linked is the multivolume set. 

That's what I was trying to get at, too. The New Interpreter's, which you linked, is ideal for working collections checked to 'show in parallel resources' since it covers all the books of the Bible. Some commentary series (excellent ones in many cases) don't include all books, so don't work as well for functioning like a single volume commentary in parallel resource sets.

Posts 59
Christopher Easton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 1 2020 8:34 AM

THANK YOU for pointing all this out.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS