Trouble adding anchor by reference

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 428
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Dec 29 2019 11:30 PM

The picture below should explain my following conundrum. I was wanting to add an anchor for Josephus' War of the Jews 6.300-309. I eventually managed to do this by selecting the entire text in Josephus and adding an anchor by "selected text". That is the first anchor at the top left.

If I select 6.299 in the reference box of Josephus, I can add an anchor by "Active Reference". I assumed then that if Logos recognises the specific reference of "War of the Jews 6.299", then it should recognise "War of the Jews 6.300-309". Except that it doesn't. (I can, of course, get by with what I did in the first paragraph; however, it would make it simpler if I could just have the anchor as a milestone.)

You can see from the picture that the drop down menu of options does not even give me the option for "War of the Jews" - even if I don't add the specific reference.

I don't understand why I can add an anchor by "active reference" to a specific milestone but can't type in the same milestone and add an anchor...

Posts 25403
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 31 2019 8:09 PM

Same here!

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 428
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 2 2020 10:48 AM

Bump

Posts 428
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 7 2020 10:09 AM

Bump!

Posts 3505
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 7 2020 11:23 AM

Bump!

As far as I know, there's no case for this. The code to do that hasn't been written, but it's considered a suggestion for future improvements (going back to November 2018).

You may want to add your report to the Logos 9 Wishlist thread.

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS