Wipf and Stock books at $4.99 each is back!

Page 4 of 4 (64 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4
This post has 63 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 742
Michael Kinch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2021 7:21 PM

Mattillo:

Michael Kinch:

Can anyone tell me what your thoughts are on Robert Callahan's commentaries on Ephesians are?  Is Logos planning on completing the set? https://www.logos.com/product/30184/walking-with-jesus-an-expository-commentary-based-upon-pauls-letter-to-the-ephesians

Agreed and also curious

Hello Marilou.  It doesn't appear that the set will be completed in Logos. You can pick them up in Kindle though.  I would like to see them in Logos. 

Posts 8474
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2021 9:21 PM

I got too many to list here, but after 3 $4.99 sales I think I got most of the books they offered that I wanted.  Now maybe I’ll focus on March Match ups 😬 

Posts 185
Olli-Pekka Ylisuutari | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 6 2021 10:19 PM

Lonnie Spencer:

Guess I am going against the grain. I went the theology route over the commentaries. Maybe the next sale...

Your Aulén -purchase (Christus Victor) is a wise one (I don't know the other books, so can't comment on them)! And you’re not the only one going against the grain. I also went with theology (and philosophy and apologetics):

Some (perhaps?) apologetical resources:

The Fire That Consumes: A Biblical and Historical Study of the Doctrine of Final Punishment, 3rd ed. | Logos Bible Software

Demons and Spirits in Biblical Theology: Reading the Biblical Text in Its Cultural and Literary Context | Logos Bible Software (This I’ve started reading at once, and not been disappointed, so far…)

Divine Presence amid Violence: Contextualizing the Book of Joshua | Logos Bible Software

In Search of the Soul: Four Views of the Mind-Body Problem | Logos Bible Software

Beyond Death: Exploring the Evidence for Immortality | Logos Bible Software

The Unknown God: Sermons Responding to the New Atheists | Logos Bible Software

And then William Lane Craig’s apologetical treatises:

The Cosmological Argument from Plato to Leibniz | Logos Bible Software

The Kalām Cosmological Argument | Logos Bible Software

The Only Wise God: The Compatibility of Divine Foreknowledge and Human Freedom | Logos Bible Software

The Son Rises: Historical Evidence for the Resurrection of Jesus | Logos Bible Software

Another famous apologist, Gary Habermas, with the same resurrection topic:

Did Jesus Rise from the Dead? The Resurrection Debate | Logos Bible Software

And then some Lutheran Theology picks (or at least compatible), since I am a Lutheran priest:

Why Baptizing Your Child Matters | Logos Bible Software

Called by the Gospel Series (3 vols.) | Logos Bible Software

Let God Be God!: An Interpretation of the Theology of Martin Luther | Logos Bible Software

Grace and Reason: A Study in the Theology of Luther | Logos Bible Software

Also grappling the relationship between theology and philosophy:

The Ground of Certainty | Logos Bible Software

Calvinism and Middle Knowledge: A Conversation | Logos Bible Software

Christ and Time: The Primitive Christian Conception of Time and History | Logos Bible Software (anything by Oscar Cullman goes…)

And then resources that grapple the topic of ethics:

Freedom for Obedience | Logos Bible Software

I went with these, this time...

Logos 9 Anglican Diamond, Logos 9 Lutheran Diamond

Page 4 of 4 (64 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 | RSS