Free Logos Edition with purchase of Faithlife Ebook?

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 29
Christopher Bucklin | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jan 3 2020 1:17 PM

So I saw on another thread something to the effect that if you purchase a faithlife ebook of a work that is not on logos yet, and then it comes to logos, that you will get the logos edition free. Is that true?

Furthermore, does it work if there is already a logos edition? For example, William Lane Craig's time and eternity: There is a faithlife ebook and a logos edition. If I buy the faithlife ebook, will I also get the Logos edition?

Thanks for the help.

Posts 1039
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 3 2020 1:39 PM

Yes, that's true.

If Logos notices your post they will immediately remove the Faithlife ebook version but if you buy it quickly they should 'upgrade' it for you as it appears to be the same edition (but with a different ISBN. You may have to contact CS and request it though.

Posts 28122
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 3 2020 1:48 PM

Christopher Bucklin:
I saw on another thread something to the effect that if you purchase a faithlife ebook of a work that is not on logos yet, and then it comes to logos, that you will get the logos edition free. Is that true?

It depends. As long as it is the SAME resource (isbn), then yes, it should be. 

Christopher Bucklin:
Furthermore, does it work if there is already a logos edition?

Sometimes, but it isn't intended to be so. Logos does not intend to have more than one edition type of a given resource. It is often overlooked. You may or may not end up receiving the "logos edition." 

Christopher Bucklin:
For example, William Lane Craig's time and eternity: There is a faithlife ebook and a logos edition. If I buy the faithlife ebook, will I also get the Logos edition?

I would not count on getting the Logos edition... if you don't care, or if you don't mind jumping through the hoop of returning it, go for it. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 28122
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 3 2020 1:49 PM

Tom Reynolds:
it appears to be the same edition (but with a different ISBN.

For FL's sake, different ISBN = different book. However, the FLEB page does list the same ISBN

Posts 2384
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 3 2020 3:19 PM

How do you get Logos to "upgrade" your book?  I purchased one last year that is no longer an ebook and only on Logos' website.

Posts 1039
Tom Reynolds | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 3 2020 3:36 PM

And it's gone...

Posts 29
Christopher Bucklin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 3 2020 4:05 PM

Wow. Guess I should have snagged that. Sneaky sneaky. 

Posts 28122
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 3 2020 4:09 PM

Ronald Quick:

How do you get Logos to "upgrade" your book?  I purchased one last year that is no longer an ebook and only on Logos' website.

Create a new thread with the details. 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS