L4 Freezing in A22.1

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 19
Matt Eide | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jun 23 2010 8:15 AM

I have not had L4 freeze before, but twice now since downloading a22.1

This second time happened after searching for "Babylonian Captivity" and then clicking on one of the entries found. I got the spinning beach ball for a long while and then forced a quit. Here are the logs:

417641.Archive.zip

Regards,

Matt

Posts 19
Matt Eide | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 2:54 PM

a22.1 froze again (third time today). This time I typed a search string into the search box, hit enter aaannndd....

Force Quit.

2766.Archive.zip

Regards,

Matt

Posts 128
Levi D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 3:09 PM

I was also having some strange freezing problems, like when I was opening a Greek lexicon. It was pretty consistent, and then I found this thread: http://community.logos.com/forums/t/18663.aspx

The gist of it is that if you disable the lectionary on the home page (see the "customize" button in the lower left corner) and restart, the problem goes away.

I know it doesn't seem related, but I haven't had a freeze since then...

I spent most of my time in thinking of divine things, year after year; often walking alone in the woods and solitary places for meditation, soliloquy and prayer - Jonathan Edwards

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 7:37 PM

Both Console Messages have "Stacktrace:" followed by 10 second gap without stacktrace dump.

After one Stacktrace, console messages mentions couple diagnostic reports:

/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/Logos Bible Software 4_2010-06-22-173044_Matt-Eides-iMac.hang

/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/Logos Bible Software 4_2010-06-23-100212_Matt-Eides-iMac.hang

Observation: Stacktrace not appear in console messages for Lectionary issue.

Apologies - my library not have resource LLS:14.0.29 - unable to try Babylonian search replication.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 8:42 PM

6/23/10 9:34:59 AM Logos Bible Software 4[334] Exception NSInvalidArgumentException: *** -[NSCFArray initWithObjects:count:]: attempt to insert nil object at objects[9]

This line in your stack trace is symptomatic of the Lectionary crash.  Disable your Lectionary tool in under the Customize menu in the Home Page.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 23 2010 10:06 PM

Thanks Tom Geeked

Living and learning - expanding boundaries of ignorance worthwhile and ongoing - as learn more, know have more to learn (e.g. terminal => cal 9 1752).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 88
Rus Howard | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 6:51 AM

I have had to force quit L4 A22.1 every time I attempt to close it in the proper fashion.  I trust this will be resolved in the next update.  If not, I will send my logs.

Rus Howard

Posts 33
Mark Davis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 7:20 AM

The solution that Levi passed on worked for me.  Thanks Levi.  Now I no longer have to force quit L4.

Posts 1861
LogosEmployee
Tom Philpot (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 7:45 AM

Rus Howard:
I have had to force quit L4 A22.1 every time I attempt to close it in the proper fashion.  I trust this will be resolved in the next update.

Disabling the Lectionary Tool in the home page works around the crash. We'll be fixing this issue in the next release due next week.

Mobile Development Team Lead

Posts 19
Matt Eide | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 7:56 AM

Thanks to all for your attention! (and for promising a fix in the next release!)

Regards,

Matt

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS