Free upgrade to LES 2nd ed.

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 37 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 468
Anon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 18 2020 7:33 PM

Ben:

I received the email, but then when I click on "redeem now" it wants to charge me. 

Anyone else?

39.99 for the print version, and 0 for the download is what I see from the email link.  The choice is just above the "Add to Cart" button.

Posts 435
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 19 2020 3:27 AM

Does anyone know if it has been released yet?

Posts 28305
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 19 2020 7:42 AM

Ben:

I received the email, but then when I click on "redeem now" it wants to charge me. 

do you have more than one account?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2392
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 19 2020 9:14 AM

As someone else stated above, make sure that you have chosen the digital and not the print version.

Posts 7212
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 19 2020 1:55 PM

Jan Krohn:

I just bought it, but it doesn't show in my library.

Same here!

Posts 1469
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 19 2020 4:51 PM

Mathew Haferkamp:

I don't know about today, but as of yesterday the digital version had not been released.

Posts 497
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 7:23 AM

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience, everyone.

This product is not currently available from our servers.  We are working on fixing this.  The LES Second Edtion will then become available automatically to all who ordered it.

Posts 1448
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 7:31 AM

I clearly own this, but keep getting charged. Have done it from the email AND the link. 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 2563
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 7:40 AM

Ben:
I clearly own this, but keep getting charged. Have done it from the email AND the link. 

Maybe you only have a temporary license.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 28305
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 7:41 AM

The first screenshot proves only that you have access to it, not that you own it. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 29
Gavin Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 7:44 AM

The print version seems to drop the text brackets (for text notes) and italics (for implied words). I wonder if the Logos version will as well. 

Also, what does this mean: The second edition of the LES makes more of an effort than the first to focus on the text as received rather than as produced. Because this approach shifts the point of reference from a diverse group to a single implied reader, the new LES exhibits more consistency than the first edition.

Posts 497
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 9:52 AM

Ben:

I apologize for the inconvenience, Ben.  I am sending you an email.

Posts 98
LogosEmployee
Doug Mangum | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 9:54 AM

Gavin Murphy:

The print version seems to drop the text brackets (for text notes) and italics (for implied words). I wonder if the Logos version will as well. 

Yes, the 2nd edition dropped the brackets and italics. The notes were also revised. These changes are primarily why the 1st edition has been left alone and not simply updated. This was a major revision. 

Gavin Murphy:

Also, what does this mean: The second edition of the LES makes more of an effort than the first to focus on the text as received rather than as produced. Because this approach shifts the point of reference from a diverse group to a single implied reader, the new LES exhibits more consistency than the first edition.

About consistency, more effort was made to translate a Greek word consistently with the same English word where appropriate (rather than freely using synonyms in English). It also means the revisers took into consideration how a Greek reader in the Roman period would have understood the Greek. Not being one of the revisers, I can't say exactly how this worked. In general, I think it meant that they didn't always smooth out difficulties where a Greek reader would have encountered unusual expressions or foreign figures of speech. 

Posts 497
LogosEmployee
Joe McCune (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 11:01 AM

If you have had difficulty ordering the LES Second Edition at the discount, please simply try to order it again.  You should find that it works now.

If you need further help, please contact Customer Service at customerservice@faithlife.com or at 1-800-875-6467.

Posts 29
Gavin Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 11:02 AM

Thanks Doug! Two questions: 

1. Will the LEB receive a similar update (revision, brackets, italics)?
  2. Will the LEB and LES ever be released for Kindle? It'd be nice to read them on there as well. 
Posts 98
LogosEmployee
Doug Mangum | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 11:56 AM

Gavin Murphy:

1. Will the LEB receive a similar update (revision, brackets, italics)?
  2. Will the LEB and LES ever be released for Kindle? It'd be nice to read them on there as well. 

1. If we revise LEB similarly and extensively revise wording and adjust conventions for brackets and italics, it will also be released as a separate resource. Whether that new resource will be a 2nd edition of LEB or a new translation that uses LEB as its starting point is TBD. Updates to the current LEB resource tend to be limited to typos and minor revisions (the latter usually to fix grammatical errors). 

2. I'm not aware of any plans to produce LEB and LES for Kindle, but I'm not usually involved in the decisions on what formats or platforms are available for our resources. I believe LEB is available on the Bible Gateway website and app.

Posts 2567
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 1:20 PM

Mathew Haferkamp:

The production of the digital edition of the Lexham English Septuagint has been slightly delayed. It will download automatically as soon as it has completed production.   [[as seen 01/20/2020]]

Posts 3842
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 1:33 PM

Joe McCune (Faithlife):

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience, everyone.

This product is not currently available from our servers.  We are working on fixing this.  The LES Second Edtion will then become available automatically to all who ordered it.

Just curious... is there an estimated release date for the digital edition?

Page 2 of 2 (38 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS