Half-Brackets Missing in Newly Released Evangelical Heritage Version (EHV)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 33
Cheryl Sexton | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 18 2020 12:53 PM

The EHV was just released late yesterday. I am so glad it is finally here! However, I have already noticed a consistent error. In many of the places in the Old Testament, there are supposed to be half-brackets around some sentences, showing that the enclosed portion is not found in the original Hebrew, but rather the Septuagint.

The first example is the last half of Genesis 1:9. (How was this missed in the very first chapter of the Bible?) There is a footnote referring to half-brackets that aren't there. I have already reported this error through the application itself, but there are too many of these omissions to report every single on as a typo in the program. Therefore, I am also leaving a notice here.

Posts 578
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 18 2020 4:58 PM

Confirmed.  (Genesis 1:9 example). Thank you for pointing this out, Cheryl. I certainly hope Faithlife is able to update this resource quickly and resolve the problem.

Posts 1280
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jan 20 2020 8:44 AM

Thanks. We're on it.

Posts 33
Dennis Phelps | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 25 2020 10:54 AM

I also noticed that the preface, intro., appendices 1 & 3, into to each book, etc. are missing. All that exists is the Bible text itself. The section links are there but there is no viewable content. Is this intentional?

Posts 29340
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 25 2020 12:52 PM

Dennis Phelps:
but there is no viewable content.

This is frequently reported when the Bible text only filter is on. Have you checked the filters?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 33
Cheryl Sexton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 31 2020 8:57 AM

Dennis Phelps:

...int[r]o to each book...are missing.

I think the intros to the books are found as an asterisk beside the title of each book.

Posts 33
Dennis Phelps | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jan 31 2020 9:52 AM

Thanks, Cheryl. Got it. It really helped when I checked my filters and discovered the wrong filters were activated.  :-)

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS