BUG with SUGGESTION: Inconsistent text comparison; faulty behavior when version list is a collection

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 28217
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 23 2020 11:33 PM

ISSUE 1: When I use a collection for the Bible version list, I have no control over the sequence of the versions. As I commonly use Bibles with 4 different canons (Jewish, 66 book, Catholic, Ecumenical), even my top 5 Bibles have some books that may be missing. I get around this by making the NRSV my highest priority Bible. However, when using collections the NRSV may not end up first. When it doesn't, I get to read "There are no results for this reference. Please try a different reference" because the first (base) version lacks the text.

SOLUTION: go to the first version in the collection/version list that contains the reference and make that the first (base) version.

ISSUE 2: Using the first verses of Greek Esther/Part A Esther as my test case, I was very pleased with the behavior of the verse mapping across the multiple notations EXCEPT only when I used the NJB notation did I get more than two translations.
QUESTION: With F7 how many translations should I expect to see? I expected more than the top two. 

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 28217
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 2 2020 12:06 AM

bug 6

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2940
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 12 2020 10:45 AM

MJ. Smith:

ISSUE 2: Using the first verses of Greek Esther/Part A Esther as my test case, I was very pleased with the behavior of the verse mapping across the multiple notations EXCEPT only when I used the NJB notation did I get more than two translations.
QUESTION: With F7 how many translations should I expect to see? I expected more than the top two.

MJ,

It is supposed to use the current Bible and your top 5 prioritized Bibles. What are your top Bibles?

Posts 2940
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 12 2020 11:21 AM

MJ. Smith:

ISSUE 1: When I use a collection for the Bible version list, I have no control over the sequence of the versions. As I commonly use Bibles with 4 different canons (Jewish, 66 book, Catholic, Ecumenical), even my top 5 Bibles have some books that may be missing. I get around this by making the NRSV my highest priority Bible. However, when using collections the NRSV may not end up first. When it doesn't, I get to read "There are no results for this reference. Please try a different reference" because the first (base) version lacks the text.

SOLUTION: go to the first version in the collection/version list that contains the reference and make that the first (base) version.

Thanks for the feedback, I've passed it on to the team.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS