Learning Logos

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 856
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jun 24 2010 7:56 AM

Has anyone ever bought the Learning Logos discs from LearnLogos.com?

I have been using Logos for about a year now. I feel I am fairly adept at the basic use of it but now, with the language discs I am inspired to learn every inch of it in order to really enhance by bible study and sermon prep.

Is it worth the price? And there is no way I am going to get to a Camp Logos any time soon.

Posts 55
Phelix Lockhart | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 8:51 AM

I have them and I like them. I have use them for sermon prep and I have had great success. John walks you through prayer up to the final step of a sermon outline. I would recommend this to anyone because I was just like you and could not afford to go to Camp Logos. If you don't want to pay Mark Barnes has a 4 great videos for sermon prep. The thing that I like about Learn Logos is that it when you finish the videos you will be able to teach and preach from the passage that you study.

Hope this helps.

BTW I don't know if we are suppose to talk about other products on the forum.

Posts 856
Michael McLane | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 24 2010 9:10 AM

Thank you for the opinion.

It is my understanding that we are not supposed to talk about competing products. I do not see this as competing with any other Logos products, even Camp Logos, as they are in different categories and seem so dissimilar. However, if I have crossed the line then I do apologize to our forum members and the host. My only intention was to seek avenues to learn the software more effectively.

Perhaps it would be beneficial to Logos to have more in depth training materials. That is, something that goes beyond the MP Manuals. I would pay for it, but I do not have the time or the money to travel to Camp Logos (I am in the middle of the mid-west).

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 3:56 AM

Michael:
as anyone ever bought the Learning Logos discs from LearnLogos.com?

I purchased them and watched a few sessions. I found them to be overly simplistic and gave my set away. YMMV

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 6:53 AM

Phelix Lockhart:

I have them and I like them. I have use them for sermon prep and I have had great success. John walks you through prayer up to the final step of a sermon outline. I would recommend this to anyone because I was just like you and could not afford to go to Camp Logos. If you don't want to pay Mark Barnes has a 4 great videos for sermon prep. The thing that I like about Learn Logos is that it when you finish the videos you will be able to teach and preach from the passage that you study.

Hope this helps.

BTW I don't know if we are suppose to talk about other products on the forum.

Didn't you get that in seminary?

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1
Tom Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 5:55 PM

I hope this does not break any rules...but I found John's video really helpful

Hey Jack...did you try the blue discs? I found the syntax, hebrew, and greek word studies very helpful. I have not found anyone else making videos of syntax practical for Bible study.

Michael...I found the videos covered all the topics indepth. I would check out his website in more detail or even email him...he responded to one of my emails on a Saturday and it was not even a technical support question, it was a bible study question! I did not expect that kind of support.

Posts 270
Stein Dahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 25 2010 7:33 PM

Michael:

Has anyone ever bought the Learning Logos discs from LearnLogos.com?

I have been using Logos for about a year now. I feel I am fairly adept at the basic use of it but now, with the language discs I am inspired to learn every inch of it in order to really enhance by bible study and sermon prep.

Is it worth the price? And there is no way I am going to get to a Camp Logos any time soon.

I have them, and I like them very much.  I think you get some good Logos 4 training for the price that you pay.  I would also love to go to a Camp Logos, but I'm in the same boat you are - no money (or time) to be able to do it.  

I would say that you'll learn a lot from them.  They come in two types of video styles - interactive and non-interactive, so they're very adaptable to what ever learning style works for you.  Tons of information on how to run Logos 4 and get the most out of it.  And he says that as new features are added he will update his videos.

I don't see how you could go wrong with this, especially if you can't afford a Camp Logos.  Remember this guy (John F.) used to work for Logos and did many of the Logos Series X and Logos 3 tutorial videos. 

In fact, I think that Morris Proctor could utilize this same style and provide basic instruction at a low cost just like John F. is doing, and still have the in-depth training at the Camp Logos meetings.

I also agree with Phelix that there are some really good user created videos that give you hints and help you learn more about how to use Logos 4 and get the most out of it.  I especially like the ones from Mark Barnes, but the others are good as well, and they're available via links in the Wiki for free.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS