Tripartite ontology of man? Bizarre Idea?

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3542
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 30 2020 5:42 AM

Chrisser:
I don't think you can seriously say JW's and Mormons are Christians.

This forum isn’t the place for any controversial discussions or debates.

The community here is made up of many different groups who come here to post about Logos.

I hope you will be as courteous and respectful of other members, as you would want them to be of you.

See the forum guidelines for more details: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/10072.aspx

My top three Logos 9 Wishlist items: Carta, Dark mode, and Hebrew audio bible, please.

Posts 326
Chrisser | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 30 2020 5:45 AM

I see I'm violating the guidelines. Apologies. I realize I shouldn't be doing that. I'll not do that anymore.

Posts 3719
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 30 2020 6:11 AM

Denise:

Chrisser, you're supposed to ask for any resources that support this idea .... forum guidance prohibits theology-fun. The key is to make the request as controversial as possible, while assuring readers 'just resources, no arguing'. Then, usually an FL guy will appear after 3 pages of excitement.

This is pure gold Big Smile

Posts 397
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 30 2020 7:56 AM

Mattillo:

Denise:

Chrisser, you're supposed to ask for any resources that support this idea .... forum guidance prohibits theology-fun. The key is to make the request as controversial as possible, while assuring readers 'just resources, no arguing'. Then, usually an FL guy will appear after 3 pages of excitement.

This is pure gold Big Smile

😂Yeah, that's pretty good. Oops, I was supposed to wait for one more page. Wink

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 105
Thomas Pape | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 30 2020 8:16 AM
There is a very interesting book in my mother tongue on the topic:https://www.logos.com/product/166057

and on the question of whether someone is a Christian or not - let God work as he wants ... I write that as a former JW
Posts 326
Chrisser | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 30 2020 8:47 AM

Can't speak German but thanks for the recommendation.

again apologies for breaking the guidelines. Iron sharpens iron. 

If anyone wants to post resource/ author recommendations which disagree with a trichotomy I'd also like to look at that.

Posts 10770
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 30 2020 10:27 AM

Chrisser:
Iron sharpens iron. 

Not to begrudge this phrase and its current presumed meaning (usually Pro 27:17 and the NIV/thereafter). But since you're enjoying hebrew, and by extension greek and english, you might want to bird-dog it. From a semitic standpoint, about the only 2 words for sure are some iron, and 2 guys. The Pell LXX translation (public domain) illustrates how it can go in unexpected directions.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 28717
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 30 2020 10:50 AM

Chrisser:
JW's and Mormons aren't Christians. I don't know if Rastafarians are or aren't.

This is unacceptable on the forums as you should know since you were called out on JW's already. You can easily move into the "report to authorities" category and/or the do not respond to category if you continue to be judgmental against ANY group.

Chrisser:
but I don't think you can seriously say JW's and Mormons are Christians.

I've had no personal direct communication from God telling me not to. I do have lots of evidence that it is God not me who knows the membership of the church.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 326
Chrisser | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 30 2020 1:36 PM

I deleted the offending post. Just found it. I made incorrect assumptions about the rules and It's been a good while since I read them. I will behave myself. I'm sorry about that. 

Posts 4889
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 30 2020 2:15 PM

It's a good thing the offensive thing wasn't quoted so that it remains entrenched in the thread despite repentance. Huh?

Posts 326
Chrisser | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 30 2020 2:35 PM

Fixed it.

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS