Hmmm, so here's what happened...

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 440
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 10 2020 4:41 AM

I had the Book of Common Prayer open where I was told that Feb 13th commemorates ABSALOM JONES, PRIEST, 1818. "Who's he?" I wondered.

Right-clicking the name, I saw that I could click on Wikipedia. Great! So I clicked. NO RESULTS! Sad 

"Well that sucks!" I thought, so I went to Google, where the first result was... Rev. Jones' Wikipedia entry. Stick out tongue

Obviously, a right-click search is caps-on-or-off dependent.

Suggestion: Would it be possible to modify Logos so it will look under both circumstances before returning a result?

Thought I'd ask!

Thanks!

PS. Although born into slavery, the Reverend Absalom Jones was the very first African-American Episcopal priest, ordained in 1802 and who died 13 Feb 1818. You're welcome. Big Smile

Posts 28268
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 10 2020 4:08 PM

IIRC the right-click search is the standard Search with the three hiidden parameters in the panel menu. One of these parameters is match case. If you have match case on, the right-click searches for a match including case; if you have match case off, it behaves as you request.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS