When does Logos 9 come?

Page 1 of 4 (61 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 60 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 3
Peter Hazenoot | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 11 2020 10:42 AM

So Here I am , using logos 8, and I was wondering when Logos 9 comes, so I can decide to buy some books now or wait and buy a package later when Logos 9 comes out? Thank you for your help.

greetings 

Peter

Posts 28579
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 11 2020 10:51 AM

FL doesn't "pre announce." However, if past patterns are an indicator, you should expect L9 to come out in the fall sometime. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 954
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 11 2020 4:35 PM

Most of us just wait around, watch the sales and this forum, and cherry pick the really good sales for resources we want or need. Start building a wish list or several by category. Live on a budget, don't get addicted. If you purchase something and don't like it, you have 30 days to return it. You can only return an item once. If you purchase it again, you can't return it.

Posts 1083
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 11 2020 6:04 PM

It probably goes without saying, but everyone should take advantage of the free book of the month programs Faithlife has. I've been amazed by how many good resources I've picked up over the years that way.  It really adds up over time.

Posts 2635
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 11 2020 6:14 PM

EastTN:

It probably goes without saying, but everyone should take advantage of the free book of the month programs Faithlife has. I've been amazed by how many good resources I've picked up over the years that way.  It really adds up over time.

Yes, except those months when what they offer is already in your library. But Yes, check them out - both Logos and Verbum.

Posts 1922
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 11 2020 7:00 PM

October-November. Just wait spending your money, buying Base Packages is the cheapest way building your library; it's $1 per resources or somewhere there. 

Posts 2046
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 11 2020 7:03 PM

It comes out when Bob says it comes out. :-)

Nathan Parker

Posts 4063
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 11 2020 7:27 PM

Peter, welcome to the forums!

Whether you should buy some books now, wait for Logos 9, or wait for a sale, really depends on which books you want to get.

Posts 3
Peter Hazenoot | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 12 2020 5:45 AM

thank you for sharing. God bless

Posts 3
Peter Hazenoot | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 12 2020 5:47 AM

amen to that

Posts 5302
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 12 2020 8:42 AM

As stated there generally are no pre announcements. I have seen release as early as late august and going into early December one year. I would suspect that you may hear rumblings of beta testing by mid summer. 

-dan

Posts 5
Duncan Forbes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 30 2020 7:37 PM

So, I'm imagining Logos 9 is just weeks away now. I'm thinking of upgrading to 8 Academic Professional to get TDOT at a decent price. Am I right in thinking I should go ahead with the purchase, and not wait for Logos 9 in case they don't bundle TDOT as well with Logos 9?

Posts 28579
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 30 2020 7:46 PM

Duncan Forbes:
Am I right in thinking I should go ahead with the purchase, and not wait for Logos 9 in case they don't bundle TDOT as well with Logos 9?

You are right that FL significantly modifies the "libraries" (formerly "base packages") that come with each new version of Logos. There is no telling which one might be best for you. 

Posts 246
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 30 2020 7:59 PM

That’s what I did when the base packages were 25% off earlier this year. I upgraded simply for the TDOT, it seemed that I would be unlikely to get that price again.

Posts 5
Duncan Forbes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 30 2020 8:06 PM

Thanks JT for the speedy reply! Do you know if dynamic pricing also covers upgrades to feature sets? I'm wondering if I'd be wasting money at all by upgrading to the Academic feature set, and then possibly upgrading again once Logos 9 has come out.

Posts 18616
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 30 2020 8:16 PM

Duncan Forbes:
Do you know if dynamic pricing also covers upgrades to feature sets?

Yes for dynamic pricing applying to feature sets.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 28579
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 30 2020 8:30 PM

Duncan Forbes:
Do you know if dynamic pricing also covers upgrades to feature sets?

KS4J already answered (yes, it does). For me, I prefer to own my resources and subscribe to features. A Faithlife Connect membership may be worth looking into. 

Posts 5
Duncan Forbes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 30 2020 9:11 PM

thanks for the help people, much appreciated.

Posts 10746
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2020 6:44 AM

Dale E Heath:
don't get addicted

Too late Embarrassed

Posts 6664
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 1 2020 9:30 AM

Jack Caviness:

Dale E Heath:
don't get addicted

Too late Embarrassed

I have broken my addiction. Was forced to. Will try and stay clean for the rest of this year and next.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Page 1 of 4 (61 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS