When does Logos 9 come?

Page 3 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 60 Replies | 9 Followers

Posts 889
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2020 10:02 AM

I occasionally see that kind of goofiness in sets where it says I can get the rest of the resources for $X.XX, but clicking the "hide resources already owned" shows that I own everything in that set. 🤷‍♂️

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Diamond

Posts 4420
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2020 10:04 AM

Mike Binks:
My point was that it is always a choice and never a compulsion.

It should be, anyway. I doubt that there are [m]any people for whom it is an authentic compulsion.

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 4420
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2020 10:07 AM

Bill Shewmaker:
I'm having difficulty wrapping my mind around spending $1430 for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

I'd happily supply you with absolutely nothing for half that price. Wink

“God watches over the affairs of those who truly love him without their worrying about them.” - St. John of the Cross

Posts 3923
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 3 2020 12:51 PM

Bill Shewmaker:
it suggested L8-Platinum (which I already have AND THEN SOME) for $1430 and it would add "0" resources to my library

Could you post a screenshot please, Bill? Does the order box have an orange Add to cart button?

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 636
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 3:39 PM

I cannot get it to save a picture of the webpage, but the Add button is orange on both of the options.

Posts 52
Angela Meister | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 7:36 PM

Well, my question is more for folks that went from 7 to 8... how much did you end up spending and kind of for what? I'm kind of wondering and trying to plan. Also, did you notice that the books included changed significantly? Was there anything you were particularly pleased with or disappointed by? I have well enough to keep me good for a long, long time... but am also curious as gift cards are pretty much my only ask right now as we, God willing, plan a big move and sell a bunch of stuff. 

Posts 28712
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 4 2020 8:20 PM

Angela Meister:
did you notice that the books included changed significantly?

Yes they do. A significant source of revenue for FL is the sale of "libraries" (formerly "base packages" which included both data sets and resources). Since the software is free, FL needs users to continue making purchases. The creation of "Faithlife Connect" has helped to even out revenue stream so that there is less dependency on the new sales every couple of years. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1214
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 5 2020 12:00 AM

Angela Meister:
Well, my question is more for folks that went from 7 to 8... how much did you end up spending and kind of for what? I'm kind of wondering and trying to plan

When it comes to upgrades, I'm probably on the lower end of spending, usually $200-450 when a new version rolls out. As FL Connect has lost a lot of its glamour, I basically look to see how I can get a library and full feature set for the lowest possible cost. Keep in mind, though, that your base package price will be determined dynamically based on what you already own. I have a medium-sized but diverse library, so I usually get a fairly good discount.

Angela Meister:
Also, did you notice that the books included changed significantly? Was there anything you were particularly pleased with or disappointed by?

For the last few versions, there are a LOT of options for upgrading because of the denominational base packs. I think some people overlook these because of the labels, but really many of them contain a lot of good material regardless of one's tradition. When a new version rolls out, I look over all the packages for bargains and for titles/sets I've been longing for but are too expensive at full price. My area is systematic theology, and I don't think I've ever bought a "standard" logos library. If my memory serves me, for L6 I got Reformed Gold, L7 Methodist Bronze, L8 Anglican Silver simply because they had a good mix of titles that helped to round out my library further. Right now I have most of what I need to satisfy both my work and my interests, so I have no idea what I'll go for with L9. On the whole, though, the remix of packages that happens with a new version is a good thing, and I look forward to seeing what great bargains I can pick up from it while staying within my modest budget.

Posts 1813
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 5 2020 6:13 PM

I just saw a stray-posted Verbum (Chinese) beta post indicating the current version is 9.0.0.0142 (I think I remember it correctly; the post disappeared quickly). L8 was at 8.0.0.0562 when it shipped late Oct-2018.

Frodo looked down to the right at the number of pages remaining... it was going to be a long epic.

Win 10 | Android 9 | Fire OS 5

Posts 7631
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 5 2020 7:11 PM

Late October 😉 Monday 26th to be precise by my calculations! 

DAL

Posts 4191
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 6 2020 6:03 AM

DAL:

DAL

Deut 18:22 

Stick out tongue

Posts 11323
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 6 2020 6:40 AM

Mattillo:

DAL:

Stick out tongue

Oh, great. Now, if L9 appears on 26 Oct, we should fear DAL

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 7631
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 6 2020 6:48 AM

Denise:

Mattillo:

DAL:

Stick out tongue

Oh, great. Now, if L9 appears on 26 Oct, we should fear DAL

Kneel to Zod! I mean... DAL 😂😂😂 You might as well just do it.  I have a proven record.  I called out the name of the Logos Ultimate Base Package 😉 So that’s one.  And also predicted a release date before.  That’s two.  This will be three 😉

Posts 11323
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 6 2020 6:56 AM

DAL:
That’s two.  This will be three 😉

Well, it is true. Archaeologists have found ancient prophesy batting ... err ... prophesying averages by prophet.  They say some of the OT prophets were quite good.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 13
Goh Yong Li Samuel | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 6 2020 7:21 PM

track record of Logos release is roughly every 2 years... so End October 2020, we might see Logos 9. I am excited, honestly, but I hope they will keep the current Academic Professional package with all the same books intact.

I hope some of the features will match up other bible software like old bibleworks or accordance. Search phrases with GUI, using lines to show relationship. I have not used those two, I stick with logos, but I always wanted to know why people say they are faster in these kind of things.

Posts 3273
David Taylor Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 6 2020 7:23 PM

Goh Yong Li Samuel:
I hope some of the features will match up other bible software like old bibleworks or accordance. Search phrases with GUI, using lines to show relationship. I have not used those two, I stick with logos, but I always wanted to know why people say they are faster in these kind of things.
They are faster because they are only retrieving a fraction of the data Logos is grabbing in a search.

Teacher, Ministry Leader, Student, Author, Husband

How to upload logs

Visit My Site: Reformed Truths

Posts 28712
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 6 2020 7:29 PM

Goh Yong Li Samuel:
I am excited, honestly, but I hope they will keep the current Academic Professional package with all the same books intact.

Do you own this? What is your concern? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3264
Sascha John | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 16 2020 5:37 AM

beside free Books try price:0 in the shop...you will be supriced what you get for free

Posts 50
Lucian Benigno | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 23 2020 4:05 PM

9:00 AM Monday, Eastern Time.

Posts 4112
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2020 7:24 AM

Goh Yong Li Samuel:

track record of Logos release is roughly every 2 years... so End October 2020, we might see Logos 9. I am excited, honestly, but I hope they will keep the current Academic Professional package with all the same books intact.

That would be historically unprecedented. If you need the academic pro package, you should call sales asap. if you wait, you will 99.99% miss out on whats in there now.

Whats coming may or may not be better. I always hope that it is, and I'm frequently happy. But historically, ALL the base packages change wildly.

L2 lvl4 (...) WORDsearch, L9

Page 3 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS