Super Very Annoying Behavior of the Library Downloading the Books Even the Subscription is Over!!!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 20
Fabian | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Feb 13 2020 5:25 AM

Hello

I have accidentally purchased for a Moth the Verbum Essential. Thanks god this is now over. But why the App want to download all the material on my other Mac, EVEN when the subscription is over?????? I don't want this 3,5 GB I only want to update the App. And I want do delete it on my first Mac. I want to choose what I want to have on my Mac. Not Apple not Logos nor others have the right. 

STOP THIS RIGHT NOW!!!!

And your library organization is simply a worst case scenario. Put a checkbox before the item so we can check it and then choose, deinstall, hide, etc. Why I can't delete, or hide here?

Posts 309
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 13 2020 5:35 AM

Can you edit your post to remove the swearing, most people here are Christians and won't appreciate it.

Thanks!

Posts 309
Kevin | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 13 2020 5:43 AM

Now as to your problem, you can turn off automatic downloads by going into the program settings and selecting the correct option under internet.

Hopefully this will stop your current downloads.

After this you can go to the Library, filter on all resources downloaded Added -->Today, then choose Ctrl/Cmd+A to highlight all the listed books added today, then right click, then choose 'Remove from this device'. I would suggest double check before removing that the number selected is just those you want to remove.

You can use Shift to select all items between two clicks, and Ctrl/Cmd to select additional individual items, or remove items already selected.

You can change the view in the library to show more at once from the icon at the top right as below.

Hopefully this will help :)

Posts 393
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 13 2020 8:57 AM

1. This is pretty strong language for being disappointed in a free trial. This is not appropriate to these forums: Stop this right now.

2. The resources in your screenshot are not from the Verbum Cloud trial subscription. They are from the Perseus Classics Collection, which you got for free 6 years ago. The subscription resources should no longer be appearing in your library.

3. The resources in your screenshot are not downloaded. Click the down-arrow icon to download.

4. You can multi-select resources in the library with standard cmd+click/shift+click controls. A checkbox isn't necessary. 

5. You can set "Download New Resources" to No in Program Settings (as Kevin explained, above) if you don't want to automatically download new books you acquire. 

6. You can hide resources, but it's usually not needed, since you can set books not to download, and hiding resources applies across your entire account. If there are books you never want to see on any computer or device, follow these steps: https://support.logos.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016299052-Hide-Resources

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 6736
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 13 2020 10:29 AM

I accidentally ordered the trial a while ago and all I did was call CS and they removed it ASAP, no biggie.  

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS