BUG in clause search (dead in my tracks on a project for months)

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 28290
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 14 2020 3:53 PM

I am trying to get a Bible text stripped down to clauses with their verb and semantic roles. However, I am dead in my tracks due to the clause search going bananas. First, there is the bug already reported (BUG: Changing columns expands rows) but there also is an issue with the actual data - Sometimes the system goes nuts and generates 324 lines of results for a single clause. This makes it a serious task to export to Excell, drop duplicates, merge remaining data where necessary and get the actual data I expect from the search. I suspect that the error is in generating all possible permutations of fields not in the desired output but because of the previously reported bug, this theory is not simple to check. 

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 8150
LogosEmployee

MJ. Smith:
Sometimes the system goes nuts and generates 324 lines of results for a single clause.

This is a known issue in Search Analysis Views when you're grouping by a column. The Analysis View will combine multiple values into a single cell when there is no grouping (e.g., multiple entities in the Subject column). Once you drag a column to group by it, these multiple values are expanded out into separate rows (and you get the cross product of the values).

MJ. Smith:
This makes it a serious task to export to Excel

I'd recommend exporting to Excel first and do your data manipulation there.

Posts 8150
LogosEmployee

See my previous post here https://community.logos.com/forums/p/104600/723196.aspx#723196 where I recommend not grouping in Logos and exporting to Excel for data manipulation.

Posts 28290
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 14 2020 5:58 PM

Thanks Bradley, I'll see if I can get acceptable behavior.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS