My Library List

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 176
Gerald Rodgers | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 22 2020 6:13 AM

Hi folks

Could someone please help me to list all my library books so that I could take a print out if ever I needed to.

Have searched the forums with no response and so I'm hoping someone can help ASP.

Thanks so much

Gerald

Posts 1675
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 22 2020 7:32 AM

Hi Gerald,

You need to create a bibliography document to do this.

First, go to the Docs menu and create a new Bibliography document using the blue "New" button.

Next, go to the newly created Bibliography document and click "Add."

Add from "a collection" and then choose "All Resources."

That will create a Bibliography of your Library.

Posts 1675
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 22 2020 7:37 AM

I'd also add that you can click "sort" in the Bibliography document to sort the list Alphabetically. 

And you can print/export the document to PDF, Word, etc. by clicking on the vertical 3-dot menu in the upper right of the Bibliography document.

Posts 10646
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 22 2020 8:50 AM

Levi Durfey:
You need to create a bibliography document to do this.

Hi, Levi.

Did L8 eliminate the Print/Export in the Library panel?  I kept L7, and the panel respects my book titles/sorts.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 1675
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 22 2020 9:29 AM

Denise:

Did L8 eliminate the Print/Export in the Library panel?  I kept L7, and the panel respects my book titles/sorts.

Yes, you can export (only, not Print) to an XML that way, but, at least for me, it's a messy output (and unreliable, it just crashed Logos when I tried it).

Posts 10646
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 22 2020 9:59 AM

Levi Durfey:
just crashed Logos when I tried it).

Oops!  Sorry for the needed re-start.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 18857
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 22 2020 10:35 AM

I recommend saving trees and bringing the listing with you (if you ever need to) as a PDF on a phone or tablet. Hey, if you even have Logos running on such a portable device, you wouldn't need to make a separate PDF listing; you could just bring up the Library and see the entire list, sort it on the fly by various criteria, search for a book to see if you already have it, etc.

Posts 621
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 26 2020 4:24 PM

Gerald Rodgers:

Hi folks

Could someone please help me to list all my library books so that I could take a print out if ever I needed to.

Have searched the forums with no response and so I'm hoping someone can help ASP.

Thanks so much

Gerald

PC instructions`. 

Open you library

select all your books - left mouse click on the top entry, scroll down and then shift left click on the bottom entry.

This may take a few seconds 

In the library window open the panels menu by clicking on the 3 dots icon in the top right hand corner of the library level (on the same row as the search box)

Select Print/Export

A window should pop up and in the middle panel of this window it says ''This panel supports export only"

On the right hand side of this window you will see "Save As spreadsheet, Excel etc."

Click on this

You will get a system window pop up asking you where you want to put the file.

The file contains most of the fields in the library database including title, author etc etc ...

To get just the book titles I would select the column in Excel and then copy this and paste it into notepad (or another pure text editor) and then copy the list into Word. I tried to copy straight into word but it just hung, going into notepad and then into word was fast (but you will lose any non-ascii characters in a books name)

Posts 176
Gerald Rodgers | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2020 3:31 AM

Hi folks

Thanks for all the replies and the help supplied. Much appreciated.

Gerald

Posts 176
Gerald Rodgers | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 1 2020 3:32 AM

Hi folks

Thanks for replies and the help given. Much appreciated.

Gerald

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS