March Madness is live

Page 1 of 4 (62 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 61 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 9305
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Mar 2 2020 11:07 AM

March Madness 2020 is live. Just a couple hundred votes so far. 

The Verbum site is here

I like this format, choosing individual resources and sets rather than authors. Go vote if you haven't.

There's a separate Mobile Ed bracket, too, which was a wise decision.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1467
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2020 11:18 AM

This year it will be easier for my wallet. I already owe about 70% of it. Most of votes are skipped because I owe them and other ones have choice between owed vs not owed

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 1361
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2020 11:26 AM

Wild Eagle:

This year it will be easier for my wallet. I already owe about 70% of it. Most of votes are skipped because I owe them and other ones have choice between owed vs not owed

Agree. I'm only interested in the ZEC set because I have all but two volumes in the set as it's being offered. Shame it hasn't been updated to include the two latest volumes. 

It's good they try different formats though. My favourite was last year, but only because the rules changed and they made individual commentaries available.

Posts 635
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2020 1:43 PM

I was so looking forward to March Madness...however, unless you happen to know all of the abbreviated titles, there is no clue to what you are voting on. I tried to hover my mouse over a title...NOTHING. So, I tried to do a search for the abbreviated title..."Title not found," The ones where I do know the title/abbreviations, I already have...guess I'm not going to vote/buy this year.

Posts 9360
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2020 2:20 PM

I like the format this week. Should be fun to see what happens.

Would anyone care to give any predictions?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 848
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2020 2:25 PM

Bill Shewmaker:

I was so looking forward to March Madness...however, unless you happen to know all of the abbreviated titles, there is no clue to what you are voting on. I tried to hover my mouse over a title...NOTHING. So, I tried to do a search for the abbreviated title..."Title not found," The ones where I do know the title/abbreviations, I already have...guess I'm not going to vote/buy this year.

if you click on the bracket to vote, you’ll see the titles in detail for you to choose from.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Platinum

Posts 135
Robert | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2020 3:19 PM

David Wanat:

Bill Shewmaker:

if you click on the bracket to vote, you’ll see the titles in detail for you to choose from.

Agree David - and Bill, if you click on the right arrow on the matchup screen when you are done voting the first bracket, you will advance to the next, and on through all the 1st-round matchups. Grace and peace. <><

Posts 9305
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2020 3:20 PM

Bill Shewmaker:
unless you happen to know all of the abbreviated titles, there is no clue to what you are voting on.

Bill, click on one of the pairs in the competition and it will open another window with the information you are seeking.

Initially I wondered about this, too, but once I clicked on one pair of titles and my questions were answered.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 635
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2020 3:22 PM

Thank you all for the info. I wasn't going to click on anything before I knew what I was voting for.

Posts 635
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2020 3:29 PM

I have clicked on all brackets...and nothing! 

Posts 635
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2020 3:32 PM

Verbum works for me, but not Logos.

Posts 6
Michael Wood | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2020 4:17 PM

Out of curiosity, do the verbum discounts also apply to logos users in the store? Or, if you buy verbum products, will they appear in your logos library? I don't know how faithlife has those set-up, but some of the resources in the verbum bracket (i.e. summa theologica) look pretty great to have.

Posts 406
Danny Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2020 4:26 PM

If you buy a 'Verbum store' book, it will appear in both your Verbum library (if you have one) and in your logos library. Separate store, but integrated license.

I'm not sure if the Verbum discount will show up in the Logos store. But you can buy it on the Verbum store and the logos library will be updated.

Posts 6
Michael Wood | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2020 4:29 PM

Awesome! Thanks for that. I'll be voting for some more books!

Posts 4966
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2020 5:02 PM

I chose not to vote this year--I probably won't buy either--because I'm not fond of clicking away my privacy.

Posts 959
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 2 2020 5:17 PM

Bill Shewmaker:

Verbum works for me, but not Logos.

You probably need to be signed in.

Posts 635
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2020 8:05 AM

Dale,

I am (and have been) signed in. I can vote in Verbum and Mobile Ed, just not Logos. I guess I'll be saving quite a bit of $$ this spring.

Posts 7541
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2020 8:07 AM

I'm rooting for the Zondervan Enclopedia of the Bible 5 volumes! Any other great deal is welcomed too.  I'm glad both EBC original and revised are included in the match ups for those who don't have either or.

DAL

Posts 2624
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2020 8:13 AM

Bruce Dunning:

Would anyone care to give any predictions?

Based on the winner of the first two or three March Madnesses: D.A. Carson library.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 848
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 3 2020 5:49 PM

Bill Shewmaker:

I have clicked on all brackets...and nothing! 

i had this problem on Safari (iPad) but Chrome worked 

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM | iPad Air 3
Verbum 9 Platinum

Page 1 of 4 (62 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS