March Madness is live

Page 3 of 4 (62 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 61 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 276
JC54 | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2020 12:02 AM

Paul Caneparo:
Generally it looks like commentary sets are leading the way. It seems slightly odd that the NIC set is getting so many votes when the winner gets a 60% discount and until very recently we could buy the individual volumes we wanted at $19.99 which was around that discount or more.

Here's a thought: maybe MM has a different public. I know some lukewarm Logosians, they do not check the website so much. Generally they know about: FBOTM, MM, BF, Christmas sales. The others they hardly ever notice.

Maybe it is that. Most people active on the forums have a library ánd know of every single sale (I do), but for MM maybe a whole different set of Logos users appears. That would explain some suprising things this MM.

Posts 44
Jon | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2020 7:17 AM

Even at 19.99 each though, a lot of the NIC volumes were only in the 30-40% off range.  I bought all of them that were 50% off or more at $19.99, but there are still quite a few more that I’d like to buy that didn’t hit that.  Also, II Samuel was $29.99, but since it’s included in the set here would have a much bigger discount on it if NIC were to make it to later rounds or win.

Posts 2640
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2020 8:35 AM

Ooops... shame on me.

I voted for NIC (only in the second round) because I prefer it over AYB, and completely forgot about the recent sale.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 10
Plip | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 6 2020 10:55 AM

John:

Also, II Samuel was $29.99, but since it’s included in the set here would have a much bigger discount on it if NIC were to make it to later rounds or win.

That was my reasoning, too. 2 Samuel is the only volume of NIC I don't have. And I had it in my cart at $29.99, but changed my mind.

The dynamic price for NIC (when you already own everything except that one volume) is $37.50. So even if it loses to ZEC in the next round, it would be 45% off, or $20.63. And if it wins the whole tournament, it'll be $15.

I wouldn't begrudge anyone the larger discount on a bigger bundle just so I can save $10 or $15 on this. But it is probably the one resource I'm certain to buy, so I'll keep voting for it as long as it's in the running.

Posts 1380
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2020 12:34 PM

Round 3 has started and round 2 deals are live.

My prediction is that NIC Vs ZEC sets will be the most closely fought. 

Posts 4173
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2020 12:41 PM

I wish they would update the ZEC... Obadiah (update: and Jonah) revised should be in it but it is all be its lonesome

Posts 2640
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2020 12:46 PM

And there's some configuration error in the apologetics collection that's on sale now.

I already own the College Press Resurrection Collection. Therefore, the dynamic pricing doesn't seem to be correct for me.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 7619
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2020 1:13 PM

Really, the NSBT is beating the EBC Revised edition, but the EBC original is winning against NIGTC — How is that possible?

And yes, the dynamic pricing is off on the apologetics bundle.

DAL

Posts 18657
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2020 1:22 PM

Jan Krohn:
I already own the College Press Resurrection Collection. Therefore, the dynamic pricing doesn't seem to be correct for me.

+1 replicated for Apologetics Collection showing College Press Resurrection Collection as unowned (while product page shows owned).

Edit: Total Value does not include College Press Resurrection Collection

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 5495
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2020 1:49 PM

I have no ponies in this race but this is the most non-sensical March Madness FL has drawn up. So nothing surprise in the voting outcomes. 

DAL:

Really, the NSBT is beating the EBC Revised edition, but the EBC original is winning against NIGTC — How is that possible?

And yes, the dynamic pricing is off on the apologetics bundle.

DAL

Posts 4173
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2020 2:14 PM

I'm looking forward to discounted TDOT... been waiting for that for a while.

I do wish Logos would update some of the collections though.  The ZEC set is missing several volumes that have been out for a while and are sold separately in Logos... they just need to be added to the set.  Same w/ the Tyndale commentaries though they didn't make this sale.

Posts 7619
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2020 2:21 PM

Mattillo:

I do wish Logos would update some of the collections though.  The ZEC set is missing several volumes that have been out for a while and are sold separately in Logos... they just need to be added to the set.  Same w/ the Tyndale commentaries though they didn't make this sale.

TDOT has been cheap before and is also part of some base packages.  You might want to check dynamic pricing after the MM discount applies.

DAL

Posts 1
adriel cotton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2020 3:24 PM

Click on the title and it will pop up

Posts 12
Lawrence Mason | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2020 3:16 AM

That seems pretty crazy to me too. I'll be pretty disappointed if the NIGTC loses to the original EBC, as I'm hoping they'll make books in the sets available individually eventually...

And my prediction is that the NSBT series will be the winner! 

Posts 4173
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 10 2020 6:45 PM

DAL:

Mattillo:

TDOT has been cheap before and is also part of some base packages.  You might want to check dynamic pricing after the MM discount applies.

DAL

Yeah I must have had a different price in my head because that is a lot more expensive than I thought.  It can be found in a Logos academic package that is half the price of the set for me so I guess I'll be passing on the sale price.  I can't understand why TDOT is so much more expensive than TDNT.  I know it is 5 volumes larger but it is 3x the price.  Not Logos' fault but ouch

Posts 7619
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2020 2:14 AM

Matillo,

I agree TDOT is too expensive in Logos. The competition has it for $600 and change at regular price, but when they put it out on sale it goes down to $99 or $149.  I don’t get why Logos contracts have to be so stingy when it comes to discounts for certain resources.  I heard the resource is way outdated anyway, so you’re not really missing out on much.

DAL

Posts 4173
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2020 10:56 AM

DAL:

Matillo,

I agree TDOT is too expensive in Logos. The competition has it for $600 and change at regular price, but when they put it out on sale it goes down to $99 or $149.  I don’t get why Logos contracts have to be so stingy when it comes to discounts for certain resources.  I heard the resource is way outdated anyway, so you’re not really missing out on much.

DAL

Speaking of better sales... I hope Logos can get these deals someday

Posts 11307
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2020 11:25 AM

Mattillo:
That's because vol 16 wasn't included. Vol 16 is worth at least ... well, whatever Logos is charging on the MM sale.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 4173
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2020 12:20 PM

Denise:

Mattillo:
That's because vol 16 wasn't included. Vol 16 is worth at least ... well, whatever Logos is charging on the MM sale.

Nope.  But I'm a stubborn Logos user so I'll wait for the good sales if/when they come later.  

Posts 1082
Martin Folley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 18 2020 12:30 AM

Has MM stopped working?

I tried to access it today for the first time ...

Is this what I should see ... poor colours and no voting data.?

I clicked on the first item:

Nothing there either ...

I clicked on one of the resources covers in the previous link ...

OK ... now I know ... except when I click on the status.faithlife link ...

There are no apparent problems.

In making this post I also had the login issues of days past ... failure message ... expired link ... but it seems to have worked after all.

Next I am expectinhg the posting issues ... then then who would know? Stick out tongue

2010 17" MBP with High Sierra, iPad4 with iOS10.

Page 3 of 4 (62 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS