BUG OR CONFUSION? is this how a reference works?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 28206
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 6 2020 1:49 AM

Okay, I've been tracking down some church fathers' resources  and am working through Athanasius where I hit a strange situation after several works that worked as I expect.

1. I have a reference which makes sense ... I'd prefer some subdivisions but I can live with a single reference for the short document
  2. But I am not able to switch the navigation box to the reference rather than the page. All other documents I have been able to switch between page and reference.
  3. Then I am not given the search option that I have been using to find all occurrences of the document in my library (yes, I have to convert manually from reference to milestone).

Why is this reference acting so strangely ... and how do I get the search options?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2940
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2020 4:18 PM

MJ,

What resource is that? It would help me try to reproduce what you are seeing.

Posts 10391
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2020 4:33 PM

Philana R. Crouch:

MJ,

What resource is that? It would help me try to reproduce what you are seeing.

From the screenshot I think it's the protestant version of NPNF 2.4

LLS:6.60.18
2017-05-22T20:34:34Z
NPNF18.logos4

Edit: and I see the strange behavior (bug?) under #2 as well, in both version of NPNF 2.4 (click on e.g. "Against the Heathen" in the ToC of the book and you'll see the expected behavior in the navigation box: switching from page number to reference possible)

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1144
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2020 12:54 PM

This is a resource bug. It's using an old and deprecated data type that was pulled in favor of something better. You're seeing a remnant of that.

We need to remove the references from the resource.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS