QUESTION: When should I expect to see specific tagging information

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 28206
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Mar 6 2020 9:36 PM

Basil of Caesarea. Saint Basil: The Letters. Edited by E. Capps, T. E. Page, W. H. D. Rouse, and G. P. Goold. Translated by Roy J. Deferrari and Martin R. P. McGuire. Vol. 1–4. The Loeb Classical Library. London; New York; Cambridge, MA: William Heinemann; G. P. Putnam’s Sons; Harvard University Press, 1926–1934.

The above resource is tagged for personal letters but apparently only two of the attributes are filled - author and recipient. Even when provided by the text, e.g. letter XXIX, the date is no coded in the label. Nor can I find any Bible references, Preaching Themes, etc. All of which means that many of the searches on Letters are "meaningless" in that the label is present but the attributes are not.

So (a) how do I identify resources that have complete letter labels (b) resources that have a letter label with only the author and recipient, (c) resource with letters without any labels.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 25370
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2020 10:45 PM

MJ. Smith:
So (a) how do I identify resources that have complete letter labels

{Label Personal Letter WHERE Date} INTERSECTS {Label Personal Letter WHERE References} INTERSECTS {Label Personal Letter WHERE Themes}

All my letters have Author and Recipient, so I only have to check Date, References and Themes

MJ. Smith:
(b) resources that have a letter label with only the author and recipient,

{Label Personal Letter WHERE NOT Date}

I don't have letters with References or Themes, whilst some have Date. So the above is sufficient for your question i.e. if they don't have Date, they only have Author and Recipient.

MJ. Smith:
(c) resource with letters without any labels.

Manual inspection

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 25370
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 9 2020 11:00 PM

Dave Hooton:

MJ. Smith:
(c) resource with letters without any labels.

Manual inspection

We can do better. Run the search {Label Personal Letter} on a collection of resources that suggest they have letters**. Resources without results are also without labels.

** title:letter -subject:bible could be a good rule

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS