Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 10667
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Mar 10 2020 8:29 AM

Logos 8.12 Beta 4 Mac OS 10.15.3

Conducted BWS on שְׁגָגָה from Leviticus 4:2 and from NKJV. Opened Lemma in Passage and WBC. Closed WBC and clicked K&D. Logos disappeared from the  screen and was replaced by the Apple Crash Dialog.

4857.Apple Crash.rtf

6886.LogosLogs.jackcav.20200310-111936.zip

Cleared the logging folder and restarted Logos. Repeated the same procedure without incident.

Posts 54
LogosEmployee
Matt Preucil | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 11 2020 11:08 AM

Jack,

It looks like this is a very similar crash to the one you reported here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/187983.aspx

Did rebuilding the index seem to improve the situation at the time? e.g. did you notice a decrease in frequency of crashes?

I'd like to try to narrow down if this is a corrupt file issue (possibly caused by our code, considering it seems to be the same index file), or an issue with the code trying to read a valid file. ... So, the pattern of your crashes relative to when you rebuilt the index / used the affected layout/panels is a useful data point.

Thanks for any information you can recall!

- Matt

Posts 10667
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 12 2020 12:03 PM

Matt Preucil:
Did rebuilding the index seem to improve the situation at the time?

It seems to have fixed that problem, as I have not had another crash until this one. If it happens again, I will rebuild the index and report it here.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS