Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 6855
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 23 2020 10:08 AM

I preordered since it has a lot of new content 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 3504
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 23 2020 10:46 AM

I was going to pre-order a dead tree version to but Amazon doesn't even have that up so Kudos to Logos for being ahead of the game.  In fairness, Amazon is allowing preorders of the Kindle version :)

Posts 1109
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 24 2020 7:56 AM

Michael Bird also has an updated edition of his Evangelical Theology coming out in October. Whilst Wayne Grudem's update is for a book that has been out many years and seems to have many updates, Michael Bird's book has only been out around 8 years and I haven't been able to see whether it's more of a minor update. Does anyone know any more?

I have the original in another software and wouldn't wish to buy the updated one if it's virtually the same as the original. Given how recent the original is, I suspect it may not be a significant update. The page count is only 8 pages more, which could just be an updated bibliography. I haven't found anything online that helps.

https://www.logos.com/product/190416/evangelical-theology-second-edition-a-biblical-and-systematic-introduction

Posts 470
Robert Neely | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 24 2020 11:38 AM

Paul Caneparo:

Michael Bird also has an updated edition of his Evangelical Theology coming out in October. Whilst Wayne Grudem's update is for a book that has been out many years and seems to have many updates, Michael Bird's book has only been out around 8 years and I haven't been able to see whether it's more of a minor update. Does anyone know any more?

From his patheos blog   https://www.patheos.com/blogs/euangelion/2019/01/my-publishing-pipeline-for-2019-20/ 

Evangelical Theology second edition, I’ve had so much good feedback on this volume, so hopefully I’ve made a good thing even better. I’ve cut out and condensed a lot of material. More on the nature of theology, Trinity, kingdom-through-covenant, and multi-site churches. Plus more interaction with female and global scholars. And lots and lots of gospelizing.

Posts 1109
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 24 2020 12:28 PM

Robert Neely:

Paul Caneparo:

Thanks. That's very useful. I'm not sure the pre-pub discount is high enough to tempt me know, but it sounds as though it might be worth getting with a birthday voucher.

From his patheos blog   https://www.patheos.com/blogs/euangelion/2019/01/my-publishing-pipeline-for-2019-20/ 

Evangelical Theology second edition, I’ve had so much good feedback on this volume, so hopefully I’ve made a good thing even better. I’ve cut out and condensed a lot of material. More on the nature of theology, Trinity, kingdom-through-covenant, and multi-site churches. Plus more interaction with female and global scholars. And lots and lots of gospelizing.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS