PB Build Errors: [Error] The 'textpos' attribute must be a LogosResourcePosition parameters dictionary. ( 8.13 Beta 1, WIN 10)

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 793
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 26 2020 5:09 AM

When I compiled my Bible PB, I got 728 errors between "[Info] Starting build" and "[Info] Discovering", all the same message:

[Error] The 'textpos' attribute must be a LogosResourcePosition parameters dictionary.

I didn't find any reference to "textpos" in the Logos Wiki.

I did not get this error message the previous times I built this PB, the last of which was a couple days ago on Logos 8.12 RC 1.

I made less than a dozen small changes to the PB between the last two builds, so it looks like a change was made in the build code that now does not recognize a preexisting syntax (that I already had in my PB that worked before).

Now hyperlinks that used to work in the PB Bible don't work - no preview pop-up when I hover over the hyperlinks and nothing happens when I click on them.

Here are some examples of hyperlinks that worked before but don't now:

  • https://ref.ly/logosres/ubshbk69?ref=Bible.Ga5.26&off=919&ctx=d+has+the+sense+of+%E2%80%9C~glorying+in+vain+thi
  • https://ref.ly/logosres/nac30?ref=Bible.Ga5.22-23&off=0&ctx=envying+each+other.%0a~A+Catalog+of+Grace+(
  • https://ref.ly/logosres/nlt?ref=BibleNLT.Ga5.18&off=44&ctx=cted+by+the+Spirit%2c+~you+are+not+under+ob
  • https://ref.ly/logos4/Senses?KeyId=ws.watch.v.05
  • https://ref.ly/logosres/nttxttranscomm?ref=Bible.Ga5.19&off=193&ctx=R+%CE%BC%CE%BF%CE%B9%CF%87%CE%B5%CE%B9%CE%B1%2c+%CF%80%CE%BF%CF%81%CE%BD%CE%B5%CE%B9%CE%B1%0a%E2%80%9C~adultery%2c+fornicatio

If you need the source DOCX file, please let me know where I should email it to.

Posts 10391
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 26 2020 10:40 AM

I can confirm the bug. 

My testfile is here: 2350.Test links.docx

I pasted your references into MS Word as plaintext, then hit space after each one to make them active links in Word (I had previously tested that all of them work from my chrome browser). Then I built the PB "plain vanilla" as type:monograph in lang:English

The four ref.ly/logosres-links are not recognized as links in the PB, whereas the one ref.ly/logos4-link (to the sense of "to watch carefully") does work.

The PBB-log shows three errors

 [Error] The 'textpos' attribute must be a LogosResourcePosition parameters dictionary.

Running 8.13 Beta 1 on Windows 10.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 10391
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 26 2020 11:29 AM

It's the ctx positioning paramer in your ref.ly links. If you take that out, they will work.

Updated file to try out: 8463.Test links.docx

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 793
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 26 2020 12:10 PM

Thank you, NB.Mick, for your testing and recommendations.  The changes you recommend aren't possible because of the number of links in this large document that would need to be changed and the time it would take to fix them all.

Hopefully it's a quick fix by Faithlife.

Posts 2940
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 26 2020 3:29 PM

Thank you for reporting this. I've created a bug report.

Posts 793
Tim Hensler | Forum Activity | Replied: Yesterday 5:12 AM

Thank you, Philana.  I hope this is a quick fix - it has disabled an important study/teaching function in the PB.

Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS