Library Tagging:Application updates Library Catalog before I finish typing

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 3
Bryan Shoemaker | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 4 2020 2:07 PM

I am going through my library tagging my resources, but I can't always finish adding MyTags before the application automatically "refreshes" and updates the Library catalog - often with a mistyped MyTag, to which I have to go delete and try again.  super frustrating.  can't find a setting to stop it or slow it down or manually force the update.

I'm using a Mac and using Logos 8.11.

April 4, 2020

Posts 29096
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 4 2020 2:28 PM

Bryan Shoemaker:
super frustrating.

I agree

Bryan Shoemaker:
can't find a setting to stop it or slow it down or manually force the update.

There isn't one. The refresh simply occurs when the previous command completes - which can be quite a long wait with no indication that the machine is still chugging away.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 9238
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 4 2020 3:53 PM

I have been frustrated at this for a long time as well. My work-a-round for this is to first do my sorting by My Tags for the resources that I have not yet finished tagging. Then, once I start to work on a resource I make sure I finish it before the previous command completes.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 3
Bryan Shoemaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 4 2020 4:03 PM

If it would just stay on the resource after it updates, that would be excellent.  But it loses the focus and then I have to go search the library to find the resource  again.  

Posts 10733
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 5 2020 4:50 PM

Bryan Shoemaker:
super frustrating

I also agree. It is further evidence that the developers do not use the software on a regular basis.

Posts 216
Dan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2020 12:31 PM

Frustrated with this also for a long time.

Posts 111
pk47 | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2020 12:46 PM

Yes. It’s been frustrating me for a long time as well.

Posts 3890
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2020 12:53 PM

Agreed... major pain

Posts 9238
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2020 4:29 PM

Does anyone know if improving this has made it into the list of improvement requests for Logos 9?

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS