"hexagon.analytics.com" (???) Slows your pages down

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1933
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Apr 6 2020 12:55 PM

Whatever feature / functionality that site is providing, when it's slow, the forum pages and the wiki pages are slow. Basically they stall until whatever requests made to that URL are complete.

It's not a good look anyway. Anything called "analytics.com" doesn't give me warm fuzzies - I doubt it's doing anything for my benefit.

But in any case, I suggest you either remove the dependency on that site/URL or reimplement how the forum pages and wiki pages use it so they don't stall completely until it returns.

Thanks,

Donnie

Posts 10877
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 6 2020 2:17 PM

Be careful, Donnie. Very careful. Hexagon analytics was recently re-named to better 'fit-in'. It's part of the ancient 'watcher' network, and the constant search for the '7th side' (ergo hexagon with a missing side). My guess (from going bat-y ... corona-mad) is Heiser's Watcher series may have tipped them off.

Smiling ... I notice a quick re-load skips the holdup for some reason.

"I didn't know God made honky tonk angels."

Posts 8221
LogosEmployee

This is from an anti-spam/anti-abuse vendor we use. (So it does benefit you, if you've noticed much less spam on the forums in the last 18 months. Smile). It's only on sites that accept user-submitted content, which is why you've seen it on the forums and wiki.

We've integrated it according to the vendor's instructions; I don't know yet if there's a way to reimplement it without blocking.

Posts 1933
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2020 11:25 AM

Bradley,

Thank you for the reply. Good to know its intent.

-Donnie

Posts 2963
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 8 2020 11:27 AM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

This is from an anti-spam/anti-abuse vendor we use. (So it does benefit you, if you've noticed much less spam on the forums in the last 18 months. Smile). It's only on sites that accept user-submitted content, which is why you've seen it on the forums and wiki.

We've integrated it according to the vendor's instructions; I don't know yet if there's a way to reimplement it without blocking.

Worthwhile tradeoff I'd say

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS