A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith by Robert Reymond - Missing Logos Tagging

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 30 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 1660
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2020 9:22 AM

Thanks for the report. We're actually aware of this and are getting out a fixed.

We updated the title to fix typos and unbeknownst to us while pushing it out references got garbled.

Posts 12106
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 13 2020 9:29 AM

Thanks Kyle!

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 12106
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 15 2020 1:41 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:
We updated the title to fix typos and unbeknownst to us while pushing it out references got garbled.

Thanks for the 2020-04-13T19:59:58Z update which reinstated bible verse references!

It seems this quick fix brought back the bible references and a very few of other references. I'm still unclear whether your update included making footnote references to links, if the works are in Logos now (the passage I looked at arbitrarily, on Justification, around page 745, has footnote refernces to the CCC, John Murray's Romans commentary and Berkhof's Sytematic Theology - all of those are in Logos since years and probably widely proliferated, but note of the three is an active link) or whether such links used to be present in the resource before  maybe Alabama can shed more light to that. If so, the fix was not thorough enough. Otherwise: this book is a very bad example regarding Logos links throughout the library (there once was a promo video visualizing links as white threads going from one book to another...) - it must have literally hundreds references to many dozens of books which are in Logos, but only 48 references in total, to exactly 7 books, are active links:

(one of the 7 books is even linked wrongly: Wenham's WBC Genesis commentary, Vol2 is linked as LLS:WBC2 but the actual resource ID for this book is LLS:WBC02).     

Posts 206
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 15 2020 4:27 AM

NB.Mick:

Kyle G. Anderson:

Thanks for the 2020-04-13T19:59:58Z update which reinstated bible verse references!

It seems this quick fix brought back the bible references and a very few of other references. I'm still unclear whether your update included making footnote references to links, if the works are in Logos now (the passage I looked at arbitrarily, on Justification, around page 745, has footnote refernces to the CCC, John Murray's Romans commentary and Berkhof's Sytematic Theology - all of those are in Logos since years and probably widely proliferated, but note of the three is an active link) or whether such links used to be present in the resource before  maybe Alabama can shed more light to that. If so, the fix was not thorough enough. Otherwise: this book is a very bad example regarding Logos links throughout the library (there once was a promo video visualizing links as white threads going from one book to another...) - it must have literally hundreds references to many dozens of books which are in Logos, but only 48 references in total, to exactly 7 books, are active links:

I am reading sys theo volumes these days, Reymond's is next up.  I would appreciate the cross references being fixed soonest.

Thanks NB.Mick for wring about this.

Posts 391
Vincent Chia | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 15 2020 7:27 AM

Thanks Kyle. Hope it will be fixed soon.

This is an important work!

Director

Elyon Family Clinic & Surgery Pte Ltd

Singapore

Posts 8408
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 15 2020 7:28 AM

The mobile version is still not working on my iPhone.  Maybe the quick fix was for the desktop version?

Posts 1660
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 15 2020 7:56 AM

DAL:

The mobile version is still not working on my iPhone.  Maybe the quick fix was for the desktop version?

This has to do with how mobile is indexed. We pushed out the updated resource in the afternoon and missed the window for mobile. The updated resource should be available today.

Posts 1660
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 15 2020 8:15 AM

NB.Mick:

Kyle G. Anderson:

(one of the 7 books is even linked wrongly: Wenham's WBC Genesis commentary, Vol2 is linked as LLS:WBC2 but the actual resource ID for this book is LLS:WBC02).     

That data wasn't changed or updated. This update was to evaluate and fix user reported typos.

We've been systematically going through resources with the highest number of reported typos and fixing them. Typically those resources are older ones. This is one of them.

Posts 518
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 15 2020 8:15 AM

Thank you Kyle for your prompt action!

Posts 12106
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 15 2020 8:44 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:

That data wasn't changed or updated. This update was to evaluate and fix user reported typos.

We've been systematically going through resources with the highest number of reported typos and fixing them. Typically those resources are older ones. This is one of them.

Fair enough. Thanks again for the quick fix. Regarding the links, I'm still hoping for a way for user-generated reference links, since it's probably cost-prohibitive for you to bring a resource like this to an acceptable Logos standard, but there's a need and a quality expectation to do so.

Posts 8408
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 15 2020 10:43 AM

Kyle G. Anderson:

DAL:

This has to do with how mobile is indexed. We pushed out the updated resource in the afternoon and missed the window for mobile. The updated resource should be available today.

Thanks! 

DAL

Page 2 of 2 (31 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS