Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 128
Terry Cook | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 26 2009 7:07 AM

I'm trying to figure out a way to "copy" 1Thess 2:4-9 onto a Word 2000 document. The OpenText Clause Analysis tool only allows me to copy the information in a JPEG or bitmap form and copies onto Word way too tiny to be used.

I need help figuring a way to make the text larger and therefore readable.

Terry Cook

sDg

Posts 9947
George Somsel | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 26 2009 7:29 AM

TerryCook:

I'm trying to figure out a way to "copy" 1Thess 2:4-9 onto a Word 2000 document. The OpenText Clause Analysis tool only allows me to copy the information in a JPEG or bitmap form and copies onto Word way too tiny to be used.

I need help figuring a way to make the text larger and therefore readable.

Terry Cook

sDg

I only rarely look at this so I had to open it and check regarding your problem.  I can see that there is a problem.  While it appears that it isn't simply an image since the words are tagged and clickable, I see no way to highlight the section in order to copy it.  I think you'll need Vince or Rick to weigh in on this.

george
gfsomsel

יְמֵי־שְׁנוֹתֵינוּ בָהֶם שִׁבְעִים שָׁנָה וְאִם בִּגְבוּרֹת שְׁמוֹנִים שָׁנָה וְרָהְבָּם עָמָל וָאָוֶן

Posts 1301
LogosEmployee
Rick Brannan (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 26 2009 9:45 AM

Hi Terry.

When you click a node in a syntax analysis, you select it. You can copy the selection to the clipboard at any time. By holding the <CTRL> key, you can select multiple groups (and deselect currently selected groups). Since this is a rather large clause complex, I'd recommend selecting smaller chunks and pasting those chunks into MSWord.

In this case, I'd select the node at 1Th 2.4, hold <CTRL>, then de-select the node beginning at v. 5. You'll see you just have v. 4 selected at this point. This smaller portion can then be copied/pasted to MSWord. Then move on to the next reasonably-sized chunk until you've got all the content you want.

Alternately, you could paste the whole graph into a graphic editor and break it up into chunks there, I guess. I usually use the multiple selection technique in these sorts of cases, though.

Hope it helps,

Rick Brannan
http://blog.logos.com

Rick Brannan
Data Wrangler, Faithlife
My books in print

Posts 128
Terry Cook | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 26 2009 10:00 AM
Thanks Rick,
This "works" sorta. I followed your instructions and de-selected all but 2:5-7a. Oddly, when I try to de-select 2:4 it de-selects everything; I tried to deselect all but the "line" which worked but the paste has a huge "gap."
Terry
sDg
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS