Maybe Provide a Code In the Email?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 633
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 24 2020 1:11 PM

So, I got an email reading in part:

We wanted to give you something special to thank you for purchasing a base package this month. So, from the product experts here at Faithlife, we're giving you a $20 coupon to use on select Lexham Press resources.

No code though. Apparently they want me to phone them, which isn't convenient. I'd rather look at a list of the qualifying resources online and see what (if anything) suits my needs then to say, "What have you got?" and then look at the qualifying resources online.

Unless I'm missing the point.

WIN 10 i7 9750H, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM

Ultimate: Verbum | Diamond: Orthodox  | Gold: Eastern Rite, Ordinariate, Anglican | Silver: Standard | Bronze: Lutheran | Starter: Baptist, Messianic, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA

Posts 2766
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 24 2020 2:06 PM

I agree.

I just got off of the line with Faithlife in reference to this, and the end result after 1 minute, was no sale, nothing to choose from, and no code. The one resource I chose was not included in their list.

Maybe Faithlife can rethink this and send a code and/or a list to choose from.

The guy on the line did say that it was primarily for bundles and series, which is not much of a discount (although appreciated) for something that cost several hundred dollars and limited in scope.

Posts 7273
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 24 2020 3:07 PM

I got an email too! I know they can do a code.  One time before I upgraded to Portfolio they wanted me to call to upgrade to Diamond, but later they said “sometimes calling is not possible so here’s a coupon.”  The problem was the coupon didn’t work.  So I chose not to upgrade.  I’m glad I didn’t because then the current 30% off sale came along and with dynamic price and a special coupon I had, I upgraded to Portfolio instead which is what I wanted anyway.

But anyway, if we “earned” a  $20 coupon, we shouldn’t have to call to redeem it.  That’s just an opportunity for them to get an extra push to get you to upgrade to the next higher level package, which I‘ve already been offered literally the next day right after I upgraded to Portfolio.

Collector’s is great for those who love classic works fillers, but not for me.

Anyway, yes, please email the coupon instead.  And make sure it works 👍😁👌

DAL

Posts 126
Ted Harms | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 24 2020 6:06 PM

I too received the email. I guess this is a new way of marketing. I followed the link and sent them an email. This is what it said.

Thank you for emailing Logos Bible Software. A member of our sales team will be contacting you within 1-2 business days. For immediate assistance, call our Sales Department at 1-888-875-9491.

We appreciate your patience and look forward to assisting you.

Sincerely,

Logos Bible Software

Faithlife | Logos Bible Software

Posts 266
JC54 | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 25 2020 1:57 AM

I have not yet recieved one, though I have bought a BP. But only a library upgrade, maybe that makes the difference.

Posts 10685
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 25 2020 2:08 AM

JC54:

I have not yet recieved one, though I have bought a BP. But only a library upgrade, maybe that makes the difference.

Or it's the BP level or simply the price. I got such a mail for buying a denominational Gold BP at a (just barely) three-digit dynamic price.

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 633
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 25 2020 9:27 AM

JC54:

I upgraded to Orthodox Platinum and Anglican Bronze (Already had Verbum Platinum and Orthodox Gold). Both were library upgrades. I suspect Orthodox Platinum was what triggered it.

Ultimate: Verbum | Diamond: Orthodox  | Gold: Eastern Rite, Ordinariate, Anglican | Silver: Standard | Bronze: Lutheran | Starter: Baptist, Messianic, Methodist, Pentecostal, Reformed, SDA

Posts 1277
Paul Caneparo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 25 2020 9:49 AM

I upgraded to the "standard" bronze - library only. No email - as yet.........

Posts 466
Leo Wee Fah | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 3 2020 6:06 PM

I have sent Faithlife an email since 25th April, till today I have not received any reply nor seen any action from them.

Posts 633
David Wanat | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 3 2020 6:13 PM

I had a reply. It admitted that this was more of a promotion than a coupon.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS