Emotional Responses by God to People

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2020 8:37 AM

Denise:
I assume NIDOTTE has LN numbers for each entry?

No.

This is what the header line looks like in NIDOTTE:The referenced numbers are G/K Hebrew numbers:

This is what a semantic fields index entry looks like:

Again only G/K numbers cross-referenced. The semantic field is not searchable as such.

Posts 11187
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2020 9:04 AM

Francis:
No

But Lee's solution works.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2020 9:25 AM

Denise:
But Lee's solution works.

What do you mean? For me the discussion has always been about finding solutions to the sort of query Kenneth proposed. This requires semantic fields that can be targeted in searches so that they can be combined with other arguments. I still don't see any other solution beside LN and BSL. Perhaps I missed something?

Posts 11187
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2020 9:38 AM

Actually, not to be too technical, but Kenneth's question was how to find. Dave got the ball rolling with a search approach. The more traditional TOC groupings (like LN) are also avenues, along with grouped topic type resources (which often were included in personal Bibles). Ergo Lee's solution.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 3
Kenneth L Tyler | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 30 2020 8:09 AM

I wish to thank Graham and the good number of other contributors each of whom have given me a lot of insight into the depth of Logos 8 when it comes to detailed study. I'm relatively new to this level of research so I may be back again with followup questions. I have saved a copy of this thread to explore in-depth. At this time I'm deciding the best place to start and branch out from there.

Thank you all once again,

Posts 41
Angela Meister | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jun 1 2020 5:27 AM

Great topic. 

Posts 2588
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 4 2020 6:50 PM

David Paul mentioned this book God Is Impassible and Impassioned: Toward a Theology of Divine Emotion. It's now part of the Crossway sale.

Posts 3
Kenneth L Tyler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 5 2020 5:18 AM

Thank you Lee,

I have purchased the book and looking forward to getting into it.

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS