New Bible: English Standard Version — Catholic Edition

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 121
Antonius | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 14 2020 8:57 AM

Dear Verbum/Faithlife,

Any news on obtaining the English Standard Version — Catholic Edition Bible for us?

https://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/augustine-institute-publishes-major-new-catholic-bible

(I searched the website and could not find anything...)

Posts 5301
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2020 10:47 AM

I likely wouldn't go for it because I wonder it's value for me, since almost all ESV changes to the RSV were already incorporated into "The Holy Bible, Revised Standard Version; Second Catholic Edition" which we already have in Verbum.

-dan

Posts 190
LogosEmployee
Donald Antenen (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 18 2020 10:54 AM

In the works!

Posts 183
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, May 19 2020 3:57 PM

Donald Antenen (Faithlife):

In the works!

Yes

I hope this means some of the other joint offerings of the Augustine Institute / Ignatius series might also be on the horizon...

Posts 3953
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 14 2020 8:29 AM

Dan Francis:
I likely wouldn't go for it because I wonder it's value for me, since almost all ESV changes to the RSV were already incorporated into "The Holy Bible, Revised Standard Version; Second Catholic Edition" which we already have in Verbum.

I know it re-translates Tobit relative to the ESV.

Posts 5301
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 14 2020 4:10 PM

SineNomine:
I know it re-translates Tobit relative to the ESV.

Thanks definitely will consider it then.

-dan

Posts 11
LogosEmployee
TL Putnam | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 16 2020 2:09 PM

Me too. 

Posts 183
Kevin Clemens | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 16 2020 2:32 PM

For those interested, Dr. Mark Giszczak has a really in-depth look at the ESV-CE compared to the RSV-2CE here:

https://catholicbiblestudent.com/2020/10/what-is-the-difference-between-the-rsv-2ce-and-the-esv-catholic-edition-statistics-included.html

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS