A shout out to Logos Bible software

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 28
Mark Galer | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, May 14 2020 11:34 AM

As a new user to Logos Bible software, i am amazed by its power and depth of Bible study it offers. Sure, it has bugs that need to be worked out (what large software package doesn't?), but Logos beats the previous Bible study program I used by miles. Watching the videos has given me greater insight on how to use the program, enabling me to get the most out of my Bible study time, thereby drawing closer to God. That is what it is all about after all in my humble opinion.

Posts 6662
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2020 12:40 PM

Glad you feel that way.

Lynden Williams Communications https://www.lyndenwilliams.net 

Posts 2289
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2020 1:25 PM

Posts 9346
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2020 3:28 PM

I love stories like this!  Yes

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1034
Juan Gabriel | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 14 2020 7:24 PM

Yes 🙏

Posts 576
J. Remington Bowling | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 15 2020 10:50 AM

GaoLu:

Potato resting atop 2020 Mac Pro stand.

Posts 2289
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 15 2020 2:43 PM

@J. Remington Bowling 

Sincere apologies.  My happiness was a little over the top.  

By your grace, let me try again. Yes

Posts 8
Mark Griffin | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 16 2020 11:28 AM

I was about to make the switch but realised just in time that I don't have enough memory on the Mac for it to work properly. Will be upgrading to iMac later this year so will re-visit again.

I downloaded the basic free verion (of Logos) to try it out beforehand.  I'd read various articles about Logos being only for the serious student, the professional minister, the academic, not for those who 'don't want to do the hardwork' of research etc. Perhaps this is cost justification but I can tell you using 'search and find' in Logos is far easier than any other software I've used. It's like having your own assistants fetch all the relevant books and articles from the library and lay them out for you in a logical order, clearly marked and referenced. And you've got time to get a cup of tea whilst their doing all the hard work!

So I would say Logos suits the 'non-professional' in a way the more general bible software cannot: by making the search for answers and information much less onerours, time-consuming and appealing!

Cost is an issue, of course. Particularly as there seems a lot of disgruntled Logos users at the bugs, issues and things it cannot do (for the price paid). But, as you say, there isn't a programme around that doesn't have issues.

Posts 18613
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 16 2020 6:21 PM

Mark Griffin:

So I would say Logos suits the 'non-professional' in a way the more general bible software cannot: by making the search for answers and information much less onerours, time-consuming and appealing!

Cost is an issue, of course.

Welcome Big Smile

A cost effective upgrade (from Basic) is => Logos 8 Fundamentals (50 % discount for new users), which enables <Person ***> searching along with expanding library (with Permanent licenses that reduce dynamic price of subsequent upgrades).

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS