Not sure if anyone can help - is this a "Chrome browser" thing?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 464
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, May 20 2020 4:00 AM

I love and have been using Chrome as my browser for years. However, when I'm surfing through the Logos Fora and I click on a post, in order to go back to the page I was at when I'm done (usually I got to "New since last visit" in the fora), I have to click the Back button AND THE "Reload this page" button, which is not something I've had to do in other browsers. 

Is there a way to turn that off in Chrome so that I can just go back and forth between posts without doubling my clicks, as it were?

Thanks!

Posts 464
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2020 2:57 AM

Bump!

Posts 25584
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2020 1:30 PM

I'm fairly sure that there are other users of Chrome, but I'm not one.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 2080
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2020 1:43 PM

I haven’t got around to checking this out yet, but this is a Chrome issue, though I only see it on iOS and not desktop. Is that where you see it? It is extremely annoying.

Posts 1730
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2020 1:59 PM

Randy W. Sims:

I haven’t got around to checking this out yet, but this is a Chrome issue, though I only see it on iOS and not desktop. Is that where you see it? It is extremely annoying.

I also see the problem in Chrome on iOS, but not on the Desktop.

FWIW, I have the same issue with Safari--both desktop and iOS.

Posts 822
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2020 6:15 PM

FWIW, I got tired of losing my place every time I clicked on something, so I started right clicking and selecting "open in new tab". When I'm done, I close the tab. That way my old tab never gets messed up. I can open additional tabs if I want to. There's a setting that will automaticaly jump to the new tab or not.

Posts 18261
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, May 24 2020 6:41 PM

Levi Durfey:
FWIW, I have the same issue with Safari--both desktop and iOS.

Also happens (at times) using Opera Browser on macOS 10.15 and Windows 10 Pro (going back to previous page does not automatically refresh every time)

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 464
Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 25 2020 3:59 AM

Thanks Dale... a great workaround I hadn't even thought of doing but am doing that as we speak! Big Smile

Thanks all! By the way, my Chrome is in Windows 10 Pro.

Posts 7066
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 25 2020 6:46 AM

Mine works just fine.  So it may be temporary.

DAL

Posts 2080
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, May 25 2020 5:18 PM

Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell:
Thanks Dale... a great workaround I hadn't even thought of doing but am doing that as we speak!

You can also use the middle mouse button to open a link in a new tab.

Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell:
Thanks all! By the way, my Chrome is in Windows 10 Pro.

Can't repro that. Are you running the latest version of Chrome?

Does this happen anywhere else or just on these forums? Does it happen when using any other browser?

Try clearing all cookies related to logos.com (see https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647 under the section "Delete cookies from a site").

Scan through any installed chrome extensions or post a list (enter chrome://system in the address bar and expand the section on Extensions).

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS